The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Injured Fore-head

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frambo Posted - 08/03/2015 : 21:37:37
Hi everyone...

I put a post up in the health section about my Royal who's got a slight injury on her head/nose. Hasn't picked up any replies so I thought I'd post here where things seem more active.

Would appreciate any advice, hope you all are well!

Hello everyone,

Not been here for a while but my girl has just got a small injury so wanted to post up to make sure I'm taking the best course of action.

She'd managed to rub her nose til it was scraped (dull but not raw) in her tank on an edge.

I assumed it would work itself out next shed but now she has shed and in all the rubbing as part of the shed it has pulled off the skin and is now a raw pink but not bleeding (unless it bled earlier).

I've attached a couple of pics, what's the best course of action here?

That bit that has rolled up is still attached. I don't want to try pulling it off as I'm worried it will pull more skin off, yet if I leave it like that she will probably scrape it off herself and do more damage.

Thanks

[URL=http://s331.photobucket.com/user/rustumf/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN7925.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s331.photobucket.com/user/rustumf/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN7928.jpg.html][/URL]
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alves76 Posted - 10/05/2015 : 09:54:19
Good to hear.
frambo Posted - 26/04/2015 : 23:02:49
Update: she's now fully healed- just waiting for the next shed to see what happens
frambo Posted - 14/03/2015 : 20:12:09
Yup, the cream has filled the 'hole' so to speak and she generally looks much better now
herriotfan Posted - 13/03/2015 : 09:04:39
Glad you took her. Sounds quite nasty, poor girl.
Hope the cream works well for a speedy recovery.
If you need any help with shedding please shout.
frambo Posted - 12/03/2015 : 19:45:31
Update:

Took her to the vet who cut off the skin and found a slight bit of exposed cartilage / bone.

He's given me some cream to apply twice a day that should keep out any infections and said I should start to notice the hole getting smaller / covered up in about 3 weeks.

He also said I may need to help her out with sheds- skin could get a little caught in scar tissue

frambo Posted - 11/03/2015 : 12:25:39
Thanks,

Will phone my local reptile vet today- will let you know what he says!
Kelfezond Posted - 10/03/2015 : 11:41:33
Ouch looks sore, I'm sure it will naturally heal over a few more sheds but as Herriot said I'd definitely be seeking a vet just so I could get something to keep it clean and avoid infection with and seek more advice.
herriotfan Posted - 10/03/2015 : 09:14:00
Have you got a decent reptile vet near you?
I'd feel inclined to seek advice from them.
I'd be worried in case she catches it on anything...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000