The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Hide Temp vs. Hot Spot Temp

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frambo Posted - 30/04/2013 : 13:46:48
Just setup a new viv with a new wooden hide.

The temperature inside the hot hide is about 27.5 C and that got me thinking, the ideal temperature for hot end of '32-34'- does that refer to the temp inside the hide or the temp at the hottest point, in this case the part of exterior of the hide directly under the IR bulb?

Cheers
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Falice Posted - 01/05/2013 : 23:19:42
I do the same as Lotabob with the probes and hides, although Cuthbert does the opposite and spends most of his time in the hot end.
Lotabob Posted - 30/04/2013 : 16:10:48
The hot spot will be anything immediately under (with direct line of sight) your heat bulb. I personally avoid putting hides directly under the bulb but rather just off to the side a little, mainly because I put my thermometer and stat probes on the ground under the bulb and a hide would obstruct it. I also find my snakes spend next to no time at all in the very hottest part of the vivarium, they nip in, bask for a bit pick up the heat they need and then move out of that area again.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000