The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Glue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonnyc1988 Posted - 24/07/2013 : 22:04:22
I want to put some bits of java wood in my boas new vivarium, but I think I will want to change them in a few years time as the boa grows. Is it safe to stick these down with some sort of vivarium glue? If so what brand and will it be strong enough?

I would normally drill a hole in the viv and screw this type of thing down, but don't want to make permanent holes for them.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 25/07/2013 : 22:17:56
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Yep, they'll knock things over but for cleaning its so much easier to have things easily movable.

lol forgot about that :P so that's a very good point to.
Lotabob Posted - 25/07/2013 : 20:59:32
Yep, they'll knock things over but for cleaning its so much easier to have things easily movable.
boomslang Posted - 25/07/2013 : 20:06:23
How about placing some rocks,or get each piece of wood to hold up the other more.

Or glue them if you wish :) the glue i said will hold them :) Or glue a holder to the viv wall,like a big cup holder with a piece cut out :) Or a v bracket etc.
jonnyc1988 Posted - 25/07/2013 : 18:06:57
The pieces I got are actually fairly sturdy. just worried that my boa will be able to knock them over once she has put some weight on.
boomslang Posted - 25/07/2013 : 16:08:55
quote:
Originally posted by carlb1981

This is where i got mine they give sizes and picture shows how they sit was very pleased with mine and its very sturdy
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=251138249925

yeah getting the right piece,you shouldn't have to glue anything.

Whatever glue you use,it might be hard to get of later,when you want to move them :) Some leave marks on wood to.
carlb1981 Posted - 25/07/2013 : 15:47:17
This is where i got mine they give sizes and picture shows how they sit was very pleased with mine and its very sturdy
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=251138249925
chrisc Posted - 25/07/2013 : 10:18:25
i screw the bit's of wood in place or wedge them so they don't move.

could put the screw through the wood first if possible so only the pointy end goes into the viv or just fill the hole's with silicone if an when you move the wood
jonnyc1988 Posted - 25/07/2013 : 09:41:53
The snake isn't living in the viv yet so that's not a problem
Foremand Posted - 25/07/2013 : 01:35:21
Maybe trying some aqua seal. I've done a few gluing with this. Seems to support bits. And is also waterproof. Only thing with flies is the odour they give off. So would need to be vented and snake maybe removed.
boomslang Posted - 25/07/2013 : 00:14:43
quote:
Originally posted by richard v

Can't think of any glue that would stick a piece of java wood to the viv, do you really need to stick it down ? They are pretty sturdy bits of wood if you get the right size for the viv it's going in should be fine. I'm addicted to the stuff everytime I pop down shop I come home with a new piece my house is getting overrun with the stuff.

Yeah i'm the same,all the bits i buy stand on there own.Like i said before,its all about finding the right bits.

I guess you could try and glue it.But it's kinda heavy wood and has funny angles.Smaller surfaces at the ends to,Might have to do some cutting so it sits flush with the viv walls.

Could try gorilla glue :)
jonnyc1988 Posted - 24/07/2013 : 22:46:17
I've bought a couple of pieces from a local shop, they are medium sized with some high perchs. They stand fine on their own but think a bit of viv glue would give me extra piece of mind, don't want one to topple over with my boa on it.
richard v Posted - 24/07/2013 : 22:39:54
Can't think of any glue that would stick a piece of java wood to the viv, do you really need to stick it down ? They are pretty sturdy bits of wood if you get the right size for the viv it's going in should be fine. I'm addicted to the stuff everytime I pop down shop I come home with a new piece my house is getting overrun with the stuff.
boomslang Posted - 24/07/2013 : 22:38:46
I have afew pieces of java wood in a viv..I got mine at a shop,so i could pick out pieces that would sit inside without using glue etc.

where you getting it from?As you can end up getting some pretty useless pieces online.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000