The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Boas jungle gym

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonnyc1988 Posted - 05/10/2013 : 15:31:42
Following some advice from boomslang to attach wood to back as well as bottom, I've finally got round to screwing it all in place. Also fitted the white python led's which are amazing!

Just need to stick a load of fake plants in. I bought a load of swell reptiles own brand plants because they were significantly cheaper than all the rest but I'm really unimpressed!! There's barely any leaves on them and they are really rubbish looking.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PythonManDan Posted - 23/12/2013 : 19:16:21
Cool, nice one. I'll be going for that wattage then. Sorted a similar size viv for my Carpet.
jonnyc1988 Posted - 13/12/2013 : 03:06:25
Sorry, didnt see this message before. Yeah I find the exo terra 250w bulb heats the xl arboreal spot on. Keeps the whole room nice and toasty as well. I made sure I had a big branch under the bulb just incase it wasnt creating a hot spot on the ground. but it seems to be managing fine.
PythonManDan Posted - 10/11/2013 : 22:04:34
Is this the extra large arboreal one is it? How are you finding the 250W bulb in terms of heating the viv, it give a good ambient temp throughout the viv?
jonoandapril Posted - 25/10/2013 : 14:04:28
looking good mate. gonna have to put something like that together for our carpet python soon, he's starting to look a little cramped!
boomslang Posted - 06/10/2013 : 15:06:43
Yeah :) either way you have to drill a large hole for that thing :P unless you take the plug of etc.I can't see why the lead from the leds,can't just plug into the ac adaptor.
jonnyc1988 Posted - 06/10/2013 : 10:15:02
Yeah see what you mean about a snake pulling it apart. It would be better if it just reached outside the viv.
boomslang Posted - 06/10/2013 : 03:42:26
you didn't see my rant on the led thread about that stupid little length of wire then?I own three of these sets :P

I was just saying its to short,have to drill larger holes to fit it inside.A larger snake could pull the connectors apart.Apart from that,They work 100% :)

I've not had the strip fall of on any yet :)
jonnyc1988 Posted - 05/10/2013 : 18:21:49
They attached to top of viv with the magnetic strips, the connector had to be inside the viv due to length of wire. So I've just tacked it all to the ceiling. Got a 250w bulb in and it's pretty hot around it so hoping it doesn't hear up magnetic strips and cause lights to fall.
boomslang Posted - 05/10/2013 : 18:01:15
Looks good :) alot better then having it all at floor lvl :P due to it being a tall viv,it fills the viv out abit more.Gives it a much better look. :)

I agree with the cheap plants from places,some have less leaves to.With all bent out of shape style to them.The Komodo plants are the same,afew look good.While others look really cheap and nasty.

How did you fit the led's?did you put that connector bit inside or out?
PythonManDan Posted - 05/10/2013 : 17:56:32
Looks ace, nice work!
jonnyc1988 Posted - 05/10/2013 : 17:20:03
Yeah, should have known really!!
rockroyal Posted - 05/10/2013 : 16:57:00
That looks amazing really well done. there is a saying you pay for what you get and if something is cheap it'll look it to.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000