The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 fasting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
phlegmatical Posted - 06/10/2013 : 07:12:24
My male royal who is now 600g and my male boa who is 2kg have now not rated for 3 and 5 weeks. Is this the start of the winter fast? I only got my first snake in January and he was a hatchling so I haveny experienced a fasting snake yet. When do they normally start and last until?
Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 06/10/2013 : 21:21:28
quote:
Originally posted by phlegmatical

you think hes growing to fast? i only feed once a week

once a week is enough, they are all different and theres no actual guide as to how big they are meant to be at a certain age. I`ve had ones that are at the kg mark at 12 months old, yet i have others that are 4-500g and 2 years old. I`d say yours is doing ok.
phlegmatical Posted - 06/10/2013 : 13:05:02
you think hes growing to fast? i only feed once a week
hodgie Posted - 06/10/2013 : 12:22:24
Also i've just noticed you got your snake as a hatchling in January, he probably just needs a rest from food, he's a good size. its not a race to fattened them up.
hodgie Posted - 06/10/2013 : 12:18:43
Royals can start to slow down from 5-600g. Sometimes though they just aren't hungry. 3 weeks is nothing to worry about though.
jonnyc1988 Posted - 06/10/2013 : 10:20:12
It seems a little early for winter fast, 5 weeks ago would have been August. Also royals usually don't start to fast until they hit 1kg so I would keep an eye on his weight. Have you checked all temps are correct etc?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000