The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 The good and the bad

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hodgie Posted - 24/08/2013 : 15:29:59
Well last October we (my son and i) decided to have a go at breeding some of our Royals. Two females were picked, our Mojave and our Bumblebee and both would spend many a happy hour with our two males, Pastel and a Pinstripe.
Everything went to plan and both females became gravid and both laid clutches. The Bumblebee was 1st with 8 eggs, however we had a few slugs so were left with 4 good eggs. The Mojave laid a couple of weeks later with another 8 egg clutch, all looked good with healthy veins.
The only downside was that we had booked a 3 week holiday many months before we had decided to breed and both clutches were due whilst we were away.
Then a couple of days before we were due to set off i checked inside our incubator and found that we had lost our Mojave clutch, the eggs had rotted and the smell was horrendous. The only explanation i have is that the vermiculite may have been to moist as we had a serious amount of condensation in there when i found the ruined clutch.
The remaining eggs were taken to a friends house in their Poly box for him to baby sit.

3 weeks later we arrive home, i phone my mate to be told "your a dad" what do we have i ask?
"You have 3 normals and an odd one."

So im happy that we have some baby Royals but am thinking we`ve been well and truely shafted by the morph gods. 3 Normals from that pairing is pretty unlucky.
So i head off with my little lad to pick them up and here`s a picture of the little bunch.Oh and i need to show my friend a normal Royal Python
As it is we have 1 Spider and 3 Pinstripes, more than happy with that as a 1st attempt.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 24/10/2013 : 18:17:55
"You have 3 normals and an odd one." Next to that picture.

THAT'S LIKE... THE MOST HILARIOUS THING I'VE READ IN A WHILE!

jonoandapril Posted - 24/10/2013 : 09:03:36
Aw, gutted about your other clutch mate, I lost four out of mine this time and its a stinker! Lovely looking little hatchies tho! Congratulations bud
Lotabob Posted - 27/08/2013 : 01:06:25
Those are some lovely looking snakes. Congrats.
hodgie Posted - 26/08/2013 : 19:58:38
Thankyou, these will all be up for sale for sensible money in a month or two as we already have a Pinstripe and a Bumblebee.
Robert Posted - 26/08/2013 : 13:30:38
Lovely Pins :)
hodgie Posted - 24/08/2013 : 20:50:06
Thankyou for the comments guys.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 24/08/2013 : 19:27:33
Gutted for your first clutch buddy
But looks like you got good odds on the second ;)
herriotfan Posted - 24/08/2013 : 18:53:38
Shame about the other clutch but those lil cuties are looking good!
Baobab Posted - 24/08/2013 : 18:50:14
Lovely looking lot. Congrats.
rustyp1974 Posted - 24/08/2013 : 16:48:52
Great outcome in the end, I love the markings on that Pin sitting on its own :)
Foremand Posted - 24/08/2013 : 15:44:54
Awesome news. Sorry to hear about the first clutch.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000