The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Royal Rack ???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jht88 Posted - 24/10/2013 : 17:45:56
Hi All, So in the new year I'm gonna set to and make a rack using a Pax wardrobe the 75x58 one, PAX Wardrobe frame - white, 75x58x236 cm - IKEA and kompliment tubs for royals I have 2 uptill now a spider male and a normal female, will be looking to get more soon.

I was just wondering how strong the shelves are, I'll be screwing them in place for a lidless rack, and I was thinking of changing the back board for 6mm MDF, do you think that would help with the strengthening or make no difference at all.

Also is a 2/3 cds gap between the tubs and shelves enough for air flow or should drill some hole in the tubs as well. Heating I think with mats as my routering skills are non at all.

Hopefully It will be big enough for 4 adults and any hatchlings that come from them, any ideas on what I should add to my spider and normal.

Cheers

John
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jht88 Posted - 28/10/2013 : 15:25:09
I was gonna use the 100cm one then use 2x50cm tubs per shelf until they'd grown on a bit, then move upto the 100cm tubs. Means then I'll hav spare tubs for more snakes. Jobs a good'n.
Cheers
John
rockroyal Posted - 27/10/2013 : 15:48:43
I'm going to be using the 100cm wardrobe and 100cm x 58cm tubs
jht88 Posted - 27/10/2013 : 13:18:15
Thanks again for your reply. Will measure up my incubator and mini rat freezer to see if it'll all fit in with snakes in either the 100cm or 75cm wide wardrobe.

Cheers
John
phlegmatical Posted - 25/10/2013 : 14:18:21
I use heat mats and 50 ltr rubs for half then a 60x45 and a 45x60 exo terras on top shelved with no additional support and theres no sagging. The exo terras have little feet though so the weight isn't in the middle of the shelves
jonoandapril Posted - 25/10/2013 : 14:01:50
I did my routing with a friend. neither of us had ever done any before but its fairly easy to pick up in the simple terms we needed. I had to go buy one specially for the occasion!
jht88 Posted - 25/10/2013 : 12:59:32
Which tubs do you use, just according to the app I have the 75x58 komplement tubs are 78lt.

Cheers

John
jht88 Posted - 25/10/2013 : 12:44:00
Thanks again, what do you think of changing the back for a thicker wood/mdf, my reason for this is that I have read posts elsewhere that say about sagging in the shelves. This should add more strength to the shelves, if I was to screw into them, of course.

Also would cable be better than heat mats, and how hard is routering, I'm not brilliant at diy, but if its worth doing I'll give it a go.

Cheers

John
phlegmatical Posted - 25/10/2013 : 06:07:26
I have the 75x58 wardrobe and 50ltr rubs fit perfect. If you use the kompliment boxes lidless u do have to re drill a few holes for the fixings though as the pre drilled ones aren't where they need to be for a snug fit.
jht88 Posted - 24/10/2013 : 22:30:02
Ok ta thanks for the reply. Just need to plan next morphs to get.

Cheers John
quote:
Originally posted by phlegmatical

I have a 45x45x60 exo terra on one of my pax shelves with no additional support and it's fine!

phlegmatical Posted - 24/10/2013 : 18:26:36
I have a 45x45x60 exo terra on one of my pax shelves with no additional support and it's fine!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000