The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Have I been misold?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lindstrom Posted - 06/06/2014 : 13:06:00
Hi, I have recently purchased two leopard geckos from a VERY well known reptile store and had them shipped to me. They are a sunglow and a blazing blizzard super snow. I have a feeling that I've been a bit misold to and would like to get your opinion, firstly I've noticed the sunglow has a kink in its tail and the blazing blizzard super snow has a yellow hue to it which it shouldn't have if it's a super snow right? Also this one is very shakey while walking and I've noticed tilting of the head and generally bad co ordination. I'm hoping I'm wrong on All this but have a bad feeling! Thoughts?

here are some pictures of both, i think that it's a blazing blizzard snow rather than super snow. Don't think it would be a banana it has black eyes if you look in the light it shows a little very dark red which would be the blazing. Also as you can see the sunglow has a kink, I'm guessing this is permanent and possibly genetic? I feel a bit annoyed as I expected better from such a well know shop, and I paid £170! am I over reacting? Ta

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 09/06/2014 : 00:17:35
Your first course of action would be to raise your concerns with the seller. Morph wise I have no clue but if you believe it's not right then it's best to discuss it with them. As for the kink, it's just a birth defect and won't cause you any issues. The wobbling is a BIG concern though and I would seek Vetinary help on that one, both for the animals health and also for any evidence required to go back to the seller with. It sucks but the animals welfare has to come first.
Kelfezond Posted - 08/06/2014 : 10:26:06
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

id guess the tail kink is a birth defect which should have been mentioned before the sale

I don't know a lot about Leo's but if the tail were to drop and regenerate would it also be kinked? :/ I'd imagine not
chrisc Posted - 08/06/2014 : 01:29:39
cant help with the morphs as not clued up on then to be honest but id guess the tail kink is a birth defect which should have been mentioned before the sale

with the one that's wobbling only one thing spring's to mine and i hope that's not the case but is that possibly a sign of crypto?
you probably are already but id keep both of them separate from any other reptiles with strict quarrentine an have then checked over by a rep vet
RachandRob Posted - 08/06/2014 : 01:08:12
Can't help you with your question ...never owned them but they are lovely!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000