The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 I'm curious about horny males

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alves76 Posted - 05/07/2014 : 21:34:09
I've read many times that sometimes males change their character when they are looking for a mate.

Quick question - does this happen when there is a female in close proximity to the male or will this happen to all males.

In other words, if I owned one snake and it was a male, will the same thing happen or does there need to be a female present to get the males going?

Like I said, just curious.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alves76 Posted - 07/07/2014 : 06:59:23
I was wondering if many had much experience of having just one male, because it's a recurring theme that one snake is only one snake for a very short time. I appreciate the replies though and I'm glad you like the title.
rustyp1974 Posted - 06/07/2014 : 22:50:41
I can honestly say I'm no help on this subject whatsoever, but I agree with Fezzer. The title of this thread is an absolute cracker....
Fezza Posted - 06/07/2014 : 20:14:46
I'm loving the title of this thread. Best thread title of the year contender for sure Lol

Back on topic.

Males will "cruse" when it's breeding season. They typically roam all over their cage and display very little interest in food.

I couldn't say for sure whether they display this behaviour, despite the lack of a female presence. The only time I had a single male was when I first started keeping royals and I wasn't aware of the subtle changes in behaviour. From then on I've always had females around
hodgie Posted - 06/07/2014 : 19:07:19
The only thing i`ve ever noticed is that they fast, but even thats not a certainty. I have an 8 year old Pastel who ate like a pig all winter going from 1200g -1900g.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000