The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Another egg related thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PythonManDan Posted - 10/08/2014 : 22:13:47
Got a few eggs that are on 62, they've candled fine all the way through incubation, but still haven't started to 'deflate' yet. From what I've read aren't they meant to deflate as the snake absorbs the yoke leading up to them pipping.
I can't see any movement in the eggs and they just look big and healthy.
What do I do guys? This is my first clutch, so needing advice.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rustyp1974 Posted - 19/08/2014 : 16:59:39
Sorry to hear your news Dan.
Alves76 Posted - 19/08/2014 : 12:05:35
So sorry to hear that.
PythonManDan Posted - 18/08/2014 : 22:13:59
Well, the little ones still doing well, very lively and strong. As for the one still in the egg, went in at 8pm and it was dead. I've since pulled it out the egg and had a look at it. I can't see anything out the ordinary and there was only a little bit of the yoke sack left.
Anyone any ideas? Obviously something internal I'm guessing? Lungs or heart or something? I'm very gutted to say the least.
rustyp1974 Posted - 18/08/2014 : 08:03:35
Congratulations. Fingers crossed the little one makes it.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 17/08/2014 : 19:53:33
Congrats dan
Sorry to here about the one that didn't make it :(
Sometime it just happens
Alves76 Posted - 17/08/2014 : 17:22:11
Bummer about the one that didn't make it. Hopefully the other 2 will thrive.
PythonManDan Posted - 17/08/2014 : 15:55:06
Well... I cut them the other night. One egg that had gone mouldy had a dead hatchling inside, the other two eggs are good. One hatchling has deciding to make a bid for freedom, dragging out a knotted umbilical. I've sorted that out, it only weighs 30g so obviously didn't get much of its yoke. Will have to keep an eye on this one. The other hatchling is sat with its head out the egg, deciding when it's gonna venture out.
PythonManDan Posted - 12/08/2014 : 18:47:55
Cheers for the replies guys, I'll give them til Sunday (day 69) and see how they look. Keep looking at that scalpel blade though...
Kelfezond Posted - 12/08/2014 : 17:04:07
I'm sure they're fine but I always try to be honest and I would probably cut now myself, I've always gotten too inpatient to wait more than 56 days myself, this season I cut eggs that weren't deflating as well. It's probably better if you wait it out as they do need to absorb more but as I said, I wouldn't because I suck at waiting.
jackiee Posted - 12/08/2014 : 14:45:18
hi, some eggs take 54 days some take 64 days to hatch, don't let it worry you they will still hatch in the next couple of days.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000