The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 First year breeding :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Derek FRS Posted - 13/10/2014 : 03:08:37
I have been keeping snakes for going on 5 years now :) and this is the first season i intend to try and pair 4 of my snakes as we moved into a bigger house and have the space to accommodate now :) first pairing will be bumblebee male to pastel female (realy bright blushing and pastel colours on this girl) so hope to get a nice killerbee or super pastel out of those 2. Second pairing is male lesser pastel to female normal im real excited at the prospect of having some nice little hatchlings next year at some point :) i have read up as much as possible on this so hopefully i have got everything right i dropped the night time temps a couple of weeks ago :) so will start to introduce the males at the start of November :) its a bit of a pointless thread but just thought i would share my excitement as i said its my first season breeding so im a tad nearvous aswell lol so any tips or pointers will be greatly appreciated :) wish me luck lol
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alves76 Posted - 16/10/2014 : 20:22:13
I agree with the above - all the best in this venture. I hope you get some interesting results.
Baobab Posted - 15/10/2014 : 00:31:51
Best of luck with the breeding. Just annoying when time seems to slow down when waiting for the eggs to pip.
hodgie Posted - 14/10/2014 : 18:19:35
Hopefully you will be lucky and you will get some good double or triple morphs, just a shame that both your males are double gene, if one of them had been a female and they bred you`d have had about 66% chance of everything being double gene and above.
Anyway good luck again.
Derek FRS Posted - 13/10/2014 : 23:56:30
You have a few crackers there for sure bud looking at your list :) as i said id love to hatch either a super pastel or killerbee this season :) in a perfect world id love to get both :) but think that may be asking to much from 1 clutch lol :) to be honest im just excited about the whole prespect of it the waiting and and excitement of it all :) i realy cant wait till my little female lesser and female pastave get up to size id love a pure white snake so realy hope for a blue eyed lucistic at some point in the coming years. I am aiming for morphs i want in my own collection as i said i dont have interest in making money from snakes it is my hobby in many ways caring for and rearing these stunning creatures.
hodgie Posted - 13/10/2014 : 19:05:09
Thats good, i didn`t mean to imply in any way that you were doing it for the money but some people do and when they end up with a clutch of normals which cost more to feed than they are worth they can get pretty desperate to shift them.
Glad you like my hatchlings, i was exceptionally lucky this year.
Bumblebee to Pastel Calico,-
male Calibee
female Calico Pastel
2 x female Super Pastels
2 Calico Spiders.(1 of each)
Mojave to Pastel calico,-
1 male Normal
1 male Calico
4 male Pastaves
and the little chap that you see in the picture. Im hoping he`s going to prove out to be a Calico Pastave. If you look at him carefully from the head down, his back is black (classic pastave on the sides) then half way down the spin he turns to what can best be described as Butter/Lesser Pastel. I`ve shown him to quite a few big breeders and everyone comes back with a different opinion.
A couple of nights ago i contacted Kevin McCurley and he is stumped but insisted the little boy had to be a keeper, made me feel very proud to have produced him.
Derek FRS Posted - 13/10/2014 : 18:23:04
Little crackers there mate :) and i have no intention on doing it for money to be honest i dont mind if i need to keep all the hatchlings :) i just like the excitement of not knowing if i am going to get the morph i aim for or not :)
hodgie Posted - 13/10/2014 : 11:45:43
All i can say is good luck, however i would say just breed for your own pleasure and not to try and make a quick buck. Last year i only bred 2 females as its getting incredibly hard to sell babies, the market is seriously flooded with over breeding. I also know of quite a few people with other large collections who have slowed their breeding down.
Its along wait though but great fun when you finally get an ovulation, your 1st eggs and then the final wait until they hatch,which will quite likely be in 10 - 11 months, but as before good luck because theres nothing like seeing baby snakes coming out of their eggs. And if your really lucky with your odds you may end up with some little beauties like these 3 that i have had over the last 3 months

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000