The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Is this a lock ??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Derek FRS Posted - 03/11/2014 : 22:44:28
Hi everyone sorry for asking this as you will probs have heard it dozens of times but just wondering if someone could tell me if this is a lock or am i just being hopeful lol

I introduced the male this morning and when i got in tonight was no signs of anything but just chwcked before bed and saw this and got wondering as im not 100% sure as this is my first season trying to breed so if someone that knows could confirm or say it's nothing that would be great thanks in advance:)
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Derek FRS Posted - 26/11/2014 : 01:36:53
Thanks mate yea I dropped the temps at the start of October and started to introduce males start of November and as i said this was there second lock in that time :) i couldnt find any info as to timescale so thot i may as well ask from people who know from experience :) also im in no rush :) altho i am looking forward to the anticipation from not knowing what will hatch and also rearing hatchlings :)
hodgie Posted - 25/11/2014 : 22:09:10
how longs abit of string?

If you`ve lowered temps at the beginning of Oct and they are locking now then from my experience i`d be expecting ovulation around March - June. Probably not what you want to hear but its not a quick process. Normally the 1st signs is that the females will stop eating.
Derek FRS Posted - 23/11/2014 : 03:03:14
Well things seem to be going smoothly so far :) my males have been locked with the females again today :) all day lol :) so im chuffed to bits my lads know what they are doing lol so have a quick question. Now i have witnessed 2 locks how long should it be till i keep an eye on my females for them starting to develop and ovulation cant find any sort of tomescale online :( or is this because it can be differant for every snake sorry for all the questions but as i said this is my first season breeding :) and i want to do the best for the mother and for future hatchlings :) thanks in advance it is greatly appreciated :)
Derek FRS Posted - 07/11/2014 : 01:11:44
Thanks im realy excited at the prospect of baby royals next year at some point :) i hope for a nice super pastel or killer bee from the bumblebee pastel pairing :) and after me saying the lesser pastel is off his food he fed tonight :) so maybe that spell with a nice lady made him hungry
Alves76 Posted - 06/11/2014 : 21:44:04
I'd say it's pretty cool to be a part of making new snakes. I wish you all the best.
Derek FRS Posted - 05/11/2014 : 17:59:42
Thanks mate the male bee is still feedind he has always been a good feeder but the lesser pastel has gone off his food has refused the last 4 feeds so on your advice il just pair him with the female every shed cycle :) thanks for the input it is all appreciated
hodgie Posted - 05/11/2014 : 17:49:24
As above, they only need one lock for the shed cycle of the female. The important bit here though is not to over work the males especially if they stop feeding. If they are feeding then some more locks won`t do any harm.
Derek FRS Posted - 04/11/2014 : 19:04:00
Thanks again mate :) its much appreciated :) il put them together every 2 weeks or so :) thanks again :)
Kelfezond Posted - 04/11/2014 : 18:49:27
I put my guys in every week or two, it's not needed but better safe than sorry all you really need is one confirmed lock per shed cycle of the female, it's hard to confirm a proper lock though because although their tails are wrapped around nicely you can't exactly see if the male has his hemipene where he needs it so always better to be safe and get a few locks in per shed :)
Derek FRS Posted - 04/11/2014 : 18:06:19
Just checked on my other pairing and boom another deffonate lock :)

Im chuffed with my boys lol now i know to take the males out after they have done and sepperated but i cannot find anything online about pairing again should i put the males back in 3 days time or is 1 confirmed lock enough for the season ? Sorry for all the questions just want to do the best for there health and possible clutches :)
Derek FRS Posted - 04/11/2014 : 17:35:30
Thanks man :) no advice needed on this 1 tho :)

They have been locked like this for over 8 hours now :) so hopefully my bee has done his deed :) this is her first time breeding so hope she gives some nice healthy eggs :)
Kelfezond Posted - 04/11/2014 : 12:17:19
I would note it down as a possible lock, doesn't look like the X is in the Y but they're definintely trying :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000