The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Male/Female Makers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eac84 Posted - 11/02/2015 : 19:56:59
Hi everyone. one thing I love about keeping snakes is that there always seems to be something new to learn about and knowledge to gain. My question for you all is something that I recently watched a you tube clip on but am still not 100% sure about is, what determines the sex of the morph that you produce. the you tube clip in my understanding was that using a male morph will produce more male morphs and the same applies to the females. is this correct and if so what happens if you are trying to produce multi gene combo morphs, what sex will be expressed? Also what would be the outcome if you are trying to produce a super form? would love to hear for you and update my knowledge a wee bit more.
Cheers
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 02/03/2015 : 21:29:52
Just Banana`s and Coral Glows (although many people now except that they are the same morph)'

The term is known as sex linking.
A male Banana that is produced from a male Banana is termed a "male maker" because about 90% of the baby Banana`s will be male, (normals will be female). A male Banana born from a female Banana is called a "female maker" as about 90% of the baby Banana`s will be female, ( normals will be male)
Same applies to Female Banana`s/ Coral glows.
rustyp1974 Posted - 14/02/2015 : 16:37:48
I think Toffee can & I hear that it can happen with Clowns, but please don't quote me on this as i'm not 100% sure, only hearsay.
Kelfezond Posted - 14/02/2015 : 16:23:30
Is it just bananas or are there other morphs?
rustyp1974 Posted - 14/02/2015 : 13:46:10
Certain morphs can produce more of one sex than the other. ie Banana's can produce more males (male maker). A male visual Banana produced from a male visual Banana will produce all male. A male visual Banana produced from a visual female Banana will produce all females.
eac84 Posted - 12/02/2015 : 08:35:23
hi kelfezond the clip I watched was http://youtu.be/71ZoSk0vGiY
Kelfezond Posted - 11/02/2015 : 20:00:48
Not sure what you were watching I've never heard of males producing more males before, always seems to be a pretty 50/50 split.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000