The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Have I cut too soon?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cookie Posted - 31/08/2015 : 17:49:06
Hi guys, I'll try keep this short. My eggs are currently at day 56 today and were cut yesterday. They were incubated at around 30°C and in the last 3 weeks raised to 31°C. Although I can see them and they are moving they haven't come out yet. No heads showing. They all appear normal except one which looks grey with scattered pattern so one parent could potentially be het. Have we cut too soon?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cookie Posted - 15/12/2015 : 22:08:29
Hi, just thought I'd post an update. So, of the 6 eggs, one was underdeveloped, it never absorbed the yoke. The other 5 hatched fine. One unfortunately escaped! And is still on the run. And the remaining four are thriving :) Although, only one strikes, the other 3 had to be force fed, but are now assist feeding. Is it common to have so many not striking? I'll post up some pictures soon.

Alves76 Posted - 10/09/2015 : 07:30:46
Congratulations on the first 3. I hope the other one is ok.
Cookie Posted - 09/09/2015 : 10:52:26
Seems there isn't a morph, but rather one that's behind in development. It's changed from grey to 'normal' over night just hope it goes full term. Good news so far 3 healthy hatchlings are out! :D
Cookie Posted - 07/09/2015 : 06:04:15
Day 63 and the wee buggers still won't come out! But they're all still living :). And I'm almost certain I have one morph! :D heads poking out in some but still seems to be a good bit of yolk left to absorb. The wait is killing me.
Cookie Posted - 04/09/2015 : 18:18:27
Think we may have lost one, the liveliest of the bunch isn't moving since this morning. I wonder would bacteria cause any issues with them being exposed. I did notice there seems to be some type of bacterial growth. Day 60 now. Hope the rest make it :(
Alves76 Posted - 03/09/2015 : 21:56:49
Hope they come out well for you.

Bob is doing great thanks. He was nebulised with medicine and that did the trick. He's now back to normal and pounding his food.
Cookie Posted - 03/09/2015 : 17:58:40
So excited for them to emerge. They're just staring at me from inside but they're very lively.I'd say they'll be out by tomorrow evening fingers crossed.
Cookie Posted - 03/09/2015 : 17:57:07
Hey Alves76,

I took another one in after my Aunt passed. But the babys are from the two I already had. I thought they were both male, lesson learnt. No more cohabiting lol

How's bob keeping?
Alves76 Posted - 01/09/2015 : 16:02:40
Once again I can't answer, but I hope they all come out healthy for you. Did you get more royals since we met last July or are these the ones you already had?
Cookie Posted - 31/08/2015 : 18:17:06
Just read sometimes they can take a week or so to emerge. I'll just keep an eye now. But any advice is appreciated.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000