The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Non feeding club

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee2308 Posted - 17/02/2009 : 22:35:46
Just out of interest,how many of us are in the non feeding club at the moment,and how long since last feed?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 01/02/2014 : 01:49:49
It's the time of year when this post become active again. Haha.

Duke is 2 months in now too. It's the same every year. Saving money not having to feed him.
jmlg1986 Posted - 31/01/2014 : 11:08:20
Bruce is on week 9 I thought he was going to eat last night but nope he came out sniffed the rat a few times then went back to sleep in his hide.
Kempy Posted - 28/05/2013 : 17:07:03
Still in the club...

I offered Claudia a multi on Sunday and nothing.
She was a little curious and came out of her hid to have a look/sniff but then went back in. At least I got a bit of reaction so maybe next time she'll take it.

I'm too worried yet. Its been a long fast (around 9 months)but she has not lost much weight (a total of 60g and she now weighs 1.2k)and she is still active so not preserving energy.

patience I guess!
Pecs Posted - 24/04/2013 : 23:54:15
My Normal Royal started feeding again four weeks ago after 7 months without eating. He usually eats Small rats, but I managed to get him feeding again by offering a jumbo mouse. He shed a week later and has taken two small rats since then. I put the hunger strike down to breeding season, as he was eating every 7 to 10 days without fuss before then.
Kempy Posted - 23/02/2013 : 20:49:22
Claudia still a member. She last fed back on 13 Aug! some 6 month's ago! still in good condition though and no weight loss to speak of (she's lost 80g and now weighs 1065g from a high of 1150g). I still offer her food every 4 weeks or so and she just isn't interested. I might offer her something different next time - mouse maybe.
AndyJ80 Posted - 22/12/2012 : 17:30:09
Eden is well and truly in the club...9 weeks now
JanieW Posted - 12/12/2012 : 19:15:41
Slinky wants membership lol out of 5 she accepted a small rat 2 weeks ago
jonoandapril Posted - 13/10/2012 : 19:33:21
thats me in the club now. grrrr!
GMac Posted - 07/10/2012 : 23:53:02
is a 3 month waiting list for this group ;)

Rockroyal missing a single rat isnt anything to worry about especially at the weight it is at.

Likewise Rockstar a few missed meals when just arrived isnt a worry likely just settling in. once everything has settled in should be fine i weould imagine,
RockstarPhill Posted - 07/10/2012 : 23:42:01
I m in with my royal, it hasn't shed since i ve had it and the guys at the shop i got it from didn't have any info on the last feeding... but tried a few times over the past 2 weeks with know success unfortunately :(
rockroyal Posted - 27/07/2012 : 14:26:00
I'm in now my new 1200g 3 year old boy has refused his rat . maybe once he's settled into his new home he'll feed
Sabriyyah Posted - 24/03/2012 : 18:25:19
I haven't been here for quite a while but I am in need of support and advice. Alice has not eaten anything since last June - yes really! She sheds every now and then and looks ok if a bit on the thin side but her skin is lovely and her eyes are bright. I moved country and can't get the mice she used to eat so have been buying hamsters - she takes one look and goes back to sleep. One pet stall owner suggested chicken sausages - he says all the sellers feed them these. I am worried about the additives. I tried bantam eggs (we have those as well!) but no luck. I am getting really rather worried. Any ideas?
welsby Posted - 18/03/2012 : 15:50:56
mines not eaten for bout 6 months now he still looks healthy tho the people at the pet shop said it breeding season is that right any surrgestions
n/a Posted - 27/02/2012 : 23:15:31
Good luck - Shiva sometimes does this - but then he finally realises it's dinner ...how come snakes are supposed to be so savage and wily in the wild, and in captivity they turn out to be so ...well...thick? Lol!

Hope he eats his grub!
mystra Posted - 27/02/2012 : 23:06:59
well you never know, he went nuts for his rat tonight, struck for it like a hungry boy then spent half an hour faffing about trying to work out how it goes in his mouth *oh dear*

Just re-warmed the head again and let him strike again (he never eats rats just left overnight, he only eats what he strikes at, meaning sometimes i can get him to strike again and feed successfully), this time he got his big gob round the rat's head so hopefully he'll put two and two together and eat his dinner!! fingers crossed!
mystra Posted - 27/02/2012 : 13:52:55
5 weeks and counting for Chancho, naughty boy has ladies on his mind i guess!

The other night he decided to climb down my jumper instead and ignore Mr Rat completely *facepalm*

He's definitely been less active in these colder months too, so that may be a factor. think he just likes to stay toasty in his warm hide, he doesn't knock around his rub half as much as usual... teenagers ey?!
Steve Taylor Posted - 23/02/2012 : 16:18:59
Four weeks and counting for our wee boy
Kelfezond Posted - 06/02/2012 : 12:00:18
Lilith has joined the club, not fed since October :(
sultanheart Posted - 06/02/2012 : 11:34:38
rasha started to eat yesterday.. she fasted since dec 10.. she just decided to eat after more than 55 days of fasting .. unpredictable creatures hahaha.. thanx
n/a Posted - 06/02/2012 : 00:35:46
It's impossible to predict weight loss - some royals fast for months and scarcely lose weight at all - I think of it as a kind of hibernation.

My records for winter 2010/11 show Shahi and Surahi's weight scarcely varying; Saada lost a little, but they all piled it on in the spring and summer months (Shiva didn't join me until last November.)

But I don't think you need to worry too much about weight loss. Just keep on offering food every 10 days (I offer a slightly smaller prey item - for some reason this can sometimes tempt them) and don't worry if it's not taken. Sometimes a fasting royal will take a snack though!

Conversely he might just decide to start eating again ...they are unpredictable little gits lol.

Good luck with his first fast - it will be spring before you know it.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000