The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Links
 lamps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stumpy Posted - 28/03/2011 : 09:52:22
Hi, have bought a 2 x 18 x 18 viv to house a baby royal, need to know what size ceramic bulb i should buy, 150w???? Do I have to have a p.p thermostat or will a normal habistat therm do? Cant wait till all set up and look for a baby royal.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stumpy Posted - 28/03/2011 : 19:14:52
Thanks for your help will get a 150 have ordered a p.p therm
n/a Posted - 28/03/2011 : 19:12:40
Ah, could be ...
blackskull Posted - 28/03/2011 : 18:24:02
im guessing that its down to the fact that our house is cold in the winter as no central heating. i think the 100w bulb only got to around 83f in the 2ft viv
n/a Posted - 28/03/2011 : 18:13:56
quote:
Originally posted by blackskull

hi i use a 150w ceramic in my 2ft viv on a pp stat. i tried a 100w but it wouldn't get hot enough at the hot end

Wow - glad I put 'going by' IR heat - that's something I didn't know - is it that you need a higher wattage for ceramic then?

I was just thinking 'bulbs' - and guessing they were the same

blackskull Posted - 28/03/2011 : 17:43:05
hi i use a 150w ceramic in my 2ft viv on a pp stat. i tried a 100w but it wouldn't get hot enough at the hot end
STICKS Posted - 28/03/2011 : 17:23:05
Hi there Stumpy,I agree with BATS I have just upgraded from mats to IR Bulb i have a 100 in a 3ftx2ft and the temp is a constant 29c at the hot end useing a dimmer stat all the best S.
n/a Posted - 28/03/2011 : 11:07:37
Hi, Stumpy, you might want to ask the mods to move this thread to general keeping where it'll get more readings.

I'm no expert on ceramics but I think they are usually run with pp stats - there's a good sticky on stats on general keeping though which will give you more info. Going by IR bulb heat, I reckon 60/75w ought to be okay for that size viv.

Good luck with setting up and your new royal.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000