The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Frozen Rodents

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 14/06/2011 : 13:36:10
Hey everyone, I've read a ton of threads about ordering rats and mice online but never actually looked at any of the websites as I enjoyed visiting my local reptile store for my food but now as I need like 40 rodents a week it'll be cheaper to order online.

I was looking at A&N and Blue Lizard.

I remember somebody saying one of these services do a free delivery over a certain price, can somebody remind me which this was?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 15/06/2011 : 10:20:36
i have ordered twice from tsm, as there prices and delivery charge i think was the best price when i worked it all out, but now i use a local supplier to me that is the same price as tsm, but i pay no delivery as he lives round the corner from me
Royalbob Posted - 15/06/2011 : 00:01:08
Yep A & N worked out cheapest for me. Just work out what you needs
make a list and then price it up including delivery from various suppliers.
This is what I did.
MrsA82 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 14:44:05
I see a&n is bit cheaper

Also www.kiezebrink.co.uk

Charge £14.80 delivery what every you order
Orr free over £100
May be worth it even £6.20 saving may work out cheaper
MrsA82 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 14:40:25
Price of rats

Pups - 30p
Fluffs - 60p
Small weaner - 30-60g 68p
Large weaner - 60-90g 80p
Small rat - 90-150g 90p
Reg rat- 150-250g £1.25

They sell more sizes
n/a Posted - 14/06/2011 : 14:39:06
It is confusing. Well, for example - my last order from A&N:

2 x packs of 10 XL rat weaners @ 66p each
1 x pack of 25 rat fluffs @ 40p each
1 x pack of 50 mouse pinks @ 9p each
1 x pack of 50 small mice @ 26p each
30 x small rats @ 71p each

delivery (small box) @ £20

A&N will also sell smaller quantities if you're ordering in bulk, as they breed their own - for instance if you wanted to make up an order with a few rats. They'll also let you know in advance if an item is coming back into stock - adult rats are often out of stock, but because I was prepared to wait a week until the next lot of small rats was ready, I managed to get 30 nice fresh ones.

ps, Mrs A we overlapped - yes, forgot, sorry - you recommended another good supplier a week or two back, remember now. Yes, if you have the freezer space and dosh for a bulk order, rodents are definitely cheaper.
MrsA82 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 14:34:52
Was me if you order over £100 worth it's free

It's
Kiezebrink uk ltd

www.kiezebrink.co.uk
Kelfezond Posted - 14/06/2011 : 14:01:45
Ah it's so confusing xP
n/a Posted - 14/06/2011 : 13:57:07
Hi, Blue Lizard do free delivery on equipment over £50, but I think there is a standard charge for frozen.

A&N charge £20 for a small box, £24 for a large one. I always get a small box, but you can pack a lot in that. If you have any questions, Nicky at A&N is always ready to help, but ring her mobile if you can't get through on the landline. I confess I'm biased as I've always had good service and reliability from them, even though they're in Suffolk and I'm in Yorks.

Haven't dealt with TSM but heard good reports.

A&N's delivery charges seem high, but as their prices start at 9p for a mouse pinkie, even with the delivery charge their stuff is competitive.

Royalbob, I think it was, did a breakdown on costs during a similar thread some months back, and A&N came out cheapest.
GMac Posted - 14/06/2011 : 13:38:37
Also worth having a look at TSMreptiles where we used to get ours from. theres is free over £125 I think

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000