The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Classifieds
 Local & Online Reptile Shops
 surrey pet supplies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blackskull Posted - 21/01/2012 : 17:13:08
for some un known reason they no longer deliver vivs of any size.

i was looking on their site and noticed they said in store pick up so e mailed them and all they said was they no longer ship them. bit of a shame as they were cheap
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/01/2012 : 11:41:00
I've just googled Just Vivariums - they haven't a massive choice but their stuff's incredibly cheap - a lot of it out of stock unfortunately but worth keeping an eye on - I reckon the thing is to swoop when it does come into stock - their vivs are cheaper than SPS and 8.99 for a 150w ceramic bulb has to be good! Thanks for that, Carly.
carlycorn Posted - 23/01/2012 : 07:46:06
I would never order from blue lizard again, bought a flexarium and a bulb from there, both were delivered in a hessian sack, bulb was smashed to smithereens (and one of the flexarium corner brackets was snapped), they wanted a photo of the broken bulb to replace it (as if shaking it down the phone wasnt enough) so had to send it back and get a replacement at my cost...we didnt set the flexarium up straight away so was unaware that it was broken, blue lizard didnt even sell the spare parts for the flexarium so ordered the new corner elsewhere...

I use justvivariums.co.uk for my bulbs, i got 2 repltiglow for £6 each rather than £17 each at SPS...and ended up saving money on SPS price including delivery.

n/a Posted - 22/01/2012 : 12:40:31
Yes, I think Swell Reptiles is about the next cheapest for vivs (wish I could order direct from Vivexotic as they're virtually next door to me in Castleford - if I got a lift I could collect.)

I don't know what Swell charge for viv accessories offhand but Blue Lizard are pretty competitive with regard to lighting/stats and it's free delivery on orders over £50. Good selection and very reliable.

I'm not terribly enthused about SPS right atm myself and I've been a good customer of theirs too. I daresay they're feeling the crunch like all businesses, although I would have thought a business like theirs, in the pet trade, and with such a good reputation, would have every chance of flourishing even in the present climate. Pity ...
blackskull Posted - 22/01/2012 : 10:31:26
i spent a fair bit with them too over the last year, not had an order under £150 and was always happy with their delivery, ordered on a friday turned up at work on tuesday.

they are still delivering other bits so will order a couple of bulbs and other bits i need as they are cheaper than others but im going to have to get vivs elsewhere now
carlycorn Posted - 22/01/2012 : 10:23:59
I dont know whats happened at SPS recently, their order before midday thing is shot away, as I have made a few orders with them now at 10pm and my items are only being picked by 1pm the next day.

Spent a fortune with them (on others behalves). An order consisting of over £200 of goods, 3 vivariums and all the gubbins that goes with and still had to pay £10 delivery. Took four sleeps from 10pm to get the goods delivered. I use them because their cheap and the delivery turn around used to be good but I have ventured elsewhere for livefoods now as they stopped delivering it for so long over the holidays due to weather.

The good thing about them, I ordered a 15KG sack of beech woodchip, cost me £17 but will last a good year or so :) better than the 2 x 10 litre bags for £14 from Pets At Home.

I got my original viv from primrose as they had the LX36 £33 + £5pnp but they dont do vivariums anymore either.
All the livefood comes from http://www.livefoods.co.uk/ and ive never had problems with dead bugs.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000