The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 shedding after a shed??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dee Posted - 24/04/2013 : 20:44:50
Chip had a bad shed just over a week ago, he still has skin on his head and tail. He's had a bath but its still there, I got him out tonight and he looks like he's going to shed again soon. His eyes are slightly cloudy and he's dull in colour. Is this normal??
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dee Posted - 25/04/2013 : 20:40:35
He didn't really go cloudy last time , just dull. he looks more blue this time though.his eyes looked alot clearer after.
Baobab Posted - 25/04/2013 : 12:02:39
Hi Dee. Did you notice if he shed his eyecaps. The cloudy look to the eyes may be retained caps from his last shed.
Dee Posted - 24/04/2013 : 21:39:44
Thank you for the advice, he's 4mths old and only had 1 shed with me. Hopefully this will be better.
Lotabob Posted - 24/04/2013 : 21:21:27
If a shed has gone wrong they will go back into shed to repair the damage. It's not normal but it's nothing to worry about. Get the humidity up, really up for this one to hopefully get a clean shed this time. I'd spray the walls (not the floor) and then put moist face cloths over the hides. Keep them moist and that should be enough to get a clean shed.
Fezza Posted - 24/04/2013 : 21:10:06
How old is Chip?

Its not very common for royals to shed again so soon. How long does Chip go between sheds?

I don't think that theres much to worry about, just keep your eye on him/her

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000