The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Fully grown length

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KingKenny Posted - 05/07/2012 : 12:06:11
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the net regarding the fully grown length of a female royal python , how rare is a 6 foot female? What is the average size of a female? Etc what would general opinion on this forum be?
Thanks Kingkenny
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
IncurableFlirt Posted - 06/07/2012 : 23:59:23
Ok, here are some photos that I just took in my kitchen. I tried like heck to get him to straighten out, but he wasn't having it, lol! The "ruler" is a yard stick...so three feet long. I'm really sad now, because I measured me and came out with only 4'10". Old age has shrunk me.

frambo Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:37:53
quote:
Originally posted by IncurableFlirt

I seriously need to measure and weigh Anubis and see what he's up to. I know he's almost as long (almost) as I am tall, and I'm 5 foot even. He is a very big boy...and yes...I am certain he is a boy, as we popped him and he had hemipenes. ;)

Photo!
IncurableFlirt Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:00:10
I seriously need to measure and weigh Anubis and see what he's up to. I know he's almost as long (almost) as I am tall, and I'm 5 foot even. He is a very big boy...and yes...I am certain he is a boy, as we popped him and he had hemipenes. ;)
chrisc Posted - 06/07/2012 : 19:42:52
a friend has a female royal thats not far off brian gundys one in the video.
shes at least 5 1/2 ft and huge
Dixon Posted - 06/07/2012 : 18:46:52
Not quite 6 feet long but still a big snake..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P59Y771SUUM&feature=related
acd1984 Posted - 06/07/2012 : 00:16:43
Bob hit the nail on the head, personally if I had a royal that was 6 feet long I would be thrilled.
Lotabob Posted - 05/07/2012 : 12:31:25
The general consensus is that they average out at about 3-5 feet, exceptional ones will be longer but not by much. I personally wouldn't worry about it though, most are little and fat. Not heard of any growing to 6 feet though, that's blood python territory.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000