Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  10:24:58  Show Profile
my royal shed yesterday morning eye caps came off so no problems there but iv looked at him this morn and the tail aint came off and he,s got small areas where theres lose skin but stuck and thats where the shed skin has came from, i dont wanna start giving him a warm bath as iv only had him since weds and with the settling in i dont wanna stress him, is it best to just keep an eye on him or bite the bullet and give him a warm bath to help??
he has a hide with kitchen roll in it which is damp but iv not seen him go into it

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

coming soon 1.1 butter motley corn

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Edited by - diesel on 27/06/2009 10:25:39

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  10:35:33  Show Profile
u can try removing all his other hides, then he'll have to go in it. personally i would do that before the bathing option, though there might be something else u can try... someone else might have other ideas, sorry if i am not much help lol
Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  10:47:44  Show Profile
i already done that lol and he hides under his plant instead and i dont wanna remove that cause thats what is near the hide with the damp kitchen roll in it he,ll curl up nxt to it but not in it lol

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  10:50:07  Show Profile
oh. hmmm. sorry, might be better to wait til someone else comes on. i can think of a few things that can be done, but as you have said, you've only had him since wednesday so i dont want to suggest something that could result in stressing him out :s sorry i cant be much more help there :s
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  11:22:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
If you do go for a 'warm' bath, it shouldn't be warm to you as that'll be too hot for the snake, luke warm (about 30C) is fine, then let it run through a damp towel/flannel.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  11:49:35  Show Profile
if it is not bad i would leave it until his next shed..

my royal who always sheds never did a complete one this time, but i have decided to leave it till he next sheds and it should come off then..

As long as the eye caps are off then dont worry to much...it should come off next shed..

when the next one is due, move his moss box so it is in between the warm and cold end and this should create a little bit extra humidity so that even if he does not use it, he should shed ok...

also has he got anything else to help him remove shed if he needs it...?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  15:24:24  Show Profile
its not just the tip of his tail its about a inch maybe 2 from the tip up, he has got a few logs bark and a stone that he used for his head and most of his body, the most that has come of didnt even come of it 1 or even 2 its in about 10 bits maybe more,
i dont want to start taking him out and bathing him yet as hes still settling in and the last thing i want is to get him stressed in anyway

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  15:43:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by diesel

its not just the tip of his tail its about a inch maybe 2 from the tip up, he has got a few logs bark and a stone that he used for his head and most of his body, the most that has come of didnt even come of it 1 or even 2 its in about 10 bits maybe more,
i dont want to start taking him out and bathing him yet as hes still settling in and the last thing i want is to get him stressed in anyway

if you really worried the you could mist his rub near the heat source to create a bit of humidity,

is it possible to get a photo of it? how much are you talking about in inches?

when are you due to feed him?

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 27/06/2009 15:44:57
Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  16:22:34  Show Profile
He got fed about a hour ago i put a fuzz in his viv as didnt want to take him out i choose to feed him in that as he was due to be fed and was looking around he took it once i closed and walked off, if i move his plant where he sleeps i could get a pic but it would mean moving him as royals do curl up and cant see his tail end lol,
and from the tip of his tail to about a inch up his body is lose skin that dont seem to want to come off,
il try and get a pic of his tail end

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  16:39:42  Show Profile
quote:

He got fed about a hour ago i put a fuzz in his viv as didnt want to take him out i choose to feed him in that as he was due to be fed and was looking around he took it once i closed and walked off, if i move his plant where he sleeps i could get a pic but it would mean moving him as royals do curl up and cant see his tail end lol,
and from the tip of his tail to about a inch up his body is lose skin that dont seem to want to come off,
il try and get a pic of his tail end

ok this is what i did once and you could try it without stressing him, but not for 48 hours at least...

i soaked some cotton wool in very warm not hot water and i left the cotton wool quite moist and let him run through my hand and used wrapped the cotton wool so he pushed through it, it is the same as the towel method but for me was easier as all my towels are big..after three or four goes of wet cotton wool it peeled off.

this way it is just like you are handling him with out stressing him..

well done on the feed by the way;-)

was that a mouse fuzzie?

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  17:10:49  Show Profile
pics to follow and didnt have to move him or nothing i took the lid off and fudge wanted to see what i was doing and indy must have smelt him cause he came right out so i took a pic as fudge flew off didnt wanna take a chance i think lmao
yeah it was a mouse fuzzie as thats what they said they was feeding him on, iv only gave him 1 for this feed till he settles then il up it to 2, but the fuzzies in like the size guide on the corn snake forum (i think it was) are much bigger to the ones i get mine are just like larger pinkies!!! but they also seem to small for him what would you say was better?? any advice is welcome as hes my first royal and iv only had him a few days and even before i picked him up i loved him to bits

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  17:51:34  Show Profile
heres a pic of his tail and as you can see its alot thats still on, will it come off and am i just worrying about nothing?

and this is how the rest of it came off as you can see its in about 9 bits with the tail bit when it comes off if thats in one will make it 10 bits

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  17:53:47  Show Profile
That will probably just roll off, but if your worried let it soak in warm water for 10 mins.

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  17:58:00  Show Profile
thanks matty am gonna have to leave him 48hrs now anyway so if it aint off by then il bathe him and if that dont help il use the cotten wool so thanks to all

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  18:03:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I would not leave it on personally, if it hasn't gone in another day or 2 give him a hand.

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  18:08:48  Show Profile
a hand with the cotten wool??

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  18:12:34  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Never tried it myself, but sounds as though it should work

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  20:07:54  Show Profile
what would you say to do then?

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  20:12:11  Show Profile
I would probably just roll it straight off. The snake has probably just tore the shed and cant get the rest off.

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  20:14:38  Show Profile
il give him the 48hrs has he was fed today and cant do much at the mo but if its still there then il try but hopefully from now till then he,ll shift it himself (fingers crossed) thanks for youe help guys

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  20:29:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:

what would you say to do then?

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

If you do go for a 'warm' bath, it shouldn't be warm to you as that'll be too hot for the snake, luke warm (about 30C) is fine, then let it run through a damp towel/flannel.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I would not leave it on personally, if it hasn't gone in another day or 2 give him a hand.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000