New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  16:30:35  Show Profile
has anyone got a size guide for these together as i feed my royal mouse fluffs but they are alot smaller than in the size guide on the corn snake, my fluffs are just abit bigger then the pink, and seem to small for the royal as my baby corn has them and the corn is alot smaller then the royal would it be worth getting a rat pink/pup/fluff or stay with the small mouse fluff??

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

coming soon 1.1 butter motley corn

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  16:41:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
A Royal can (and should if possible in my opinion) go straight onto Rat Pups from hatching.

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  16:50:08  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

A Royal can (and should if possible in my opinion) go straight onto Rat Pups from hatching.

Interesting point BE. But what would royal go on to after rat pup?
In my local pet shop, their next size up from rat pup (which are quite small) is a rat weaner (which is absolutely mahooosive)much larger than a large mouse.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  16:53:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Rat Pup - Rat Fluff - Rat Weaner - Small Rat - Medium Rat - Large Rat

Although, if you search through the freezer section in your shop though and pick out the smallest weaners you should be ok from about 200g.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  17:12:16  Show Profile
As BE says...

my little rescue went from Rat pups to small weeners...I couldnt get hold of any rat fluffs so got some small weeners about 30g...look massive but he soon wolfs 'em down... he was about 180g.

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  17:37:44  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
quote:

Rat Pup - Rat Fluff - Rat Weaner - Small Rat - Medium Rat - Large Rat

Although, if you search through the freezer section in your shop though and pick out the smallest weaners you should be ok from about 200g.

Thanx BE. I'll have to check around the other pet shops round here and see what they have. Montiiee is on large mice at the moment, of which i have 5 left.
So i think i'll use them up, he should be due another shed and poo by then so i'll be able to get empty weight. Then judge it from there.
I checked all the weaners they had and believe me, they were huge in comparison to large mouse.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  17:42:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
How much does Montiiee weigh? - You'd be surprised what they can eat

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  18:30:45  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
quote:

How much does Montiiee weigh? - You'd be surprised what they can eat

Couldn't give an accurate weight at the moment.
He last shed about 4 or 5 weeks ago, i weighed him about 2 weeks ago and he was roughly 245g.
Got a better set of electronic scales now, but waiting for him to shed and poo, to get an empty weight.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  18:36:30  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
if you search local pet shops or ask at a good one they will try to get the right size fluffs in one near me stocks every sort of rat size you could imagine

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  18:40:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Then he could take a 25-35g rat weaner.

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  18:47:19  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
quote:

Then he could take a 25-35g rat weaner.

I'll have to ask them to weigh the weaners. Purely judged it so far by how big they look in comparison to mice.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  18:58:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Maybe just buy the smallest one you can find and then weigh it when you get home, even if its too big now, it'll be right at some point

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  19:02:19  Show Profile
I couldnt get fluffs at the couple of rep shops i go to so thats why i went for the weeners. The pups were just to small, weeners were slightly on the big side but didnt want to swap back to mice.

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  19:05:59  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
Thanx peeps. Feel like i hijacked this thread. oops

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  19:07:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You can get fluffs from 888.

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  22:14:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by AddicksGlenn

Thanx peeps. Feel like i hijacked this thread. oops

thats ok cause all the questions you asked i was gonna anyway lol, guess il move my royal onto some size rat pup as well, the mice fluffs are just way to small for him as i thought
thanks guys

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  22:17:51  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
fluffs and pups are about the same size but your right gettin him onto rats. i have an american import royal who had only been feed mice before so i still have to give it a mouse pinky first then follow it on with a fuzzy/weaner rat and thats after 7months of trying.

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  22:19:04  Show Profile
quote:

would you say try him with a rat fluff?? and then move up a size if thats still to small?? or just get rat pinks and try them first?

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly