temps
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  21:17:07  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
as we all know we have been having some pretty toasty weather... has anyone turnt off their mats etc due to high temps or are they all still switching on to meet temp needed to digest..... only reason i ask is cause neither of my stats have switched on for last few days guessing due to high temps weather wise..madams therm is reaDING 24.6 degrees c.. and empty faun atm is sitting at 26.4 degrees c.. is this ok or should i kick start mat n stat?

i like my animals more than i like people

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  21:31:52  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
the hot end should be sitting at around 28-32c and the cool end 24-26c but with this weather you may see the cool end riase but i wouldnt worry too much unless it gets hotter than the hot end

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  08:23:11  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
yeah sexy i know the temps for each end.. was just asking if anyone has switched off their stuff, or re started mats to meet set temps or left it doing its own thing due to weather temps.. n the temps i gave are for the warm ends.

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  08:38:12  Show Profile
if the mat is statted (which it should be ;) ) you wont need to turn it off as it will do so itself, that saying, your warm end temps dont seem very... erm... warm lol.
you might want to play with the stat temp until it reaches the right temperature in the warm end :D
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  08:40:45  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
yeah i know hence why i was asking would it be worth me kick starting em..n yes cat both are stated n set n get checked on regularly.. sorted all tht out even b4 i got corn.:O)

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  08:49:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

yeah i know hence why i was asking would it be worth me kick starting em..n yes cat both are stated n set n get checked on regularly.. sorted all tht out even b4 i got corn.:O)

lol sorry, i have gone a bit anal over stats, my snake keeping friends/family hate me for it... roll their eyes everytime i launch into a speech about stats... but they STILL dont get them >.<
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  09:02:16  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
nah its cool totally understand im very much a one for getting things right first off n doing what i can to avoid all the poss bits tht could go wrong..think we had one recently where someones snake got burnt cant remember if was on here or corn site.. but tht irritated the poop outta me all for the sake of a bit of knowledge n stats.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000