Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Ceramic bulb .. how does the thermostat work?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simonas
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  00:18:29  Show Profile
I am new to snakes and have a royal python coming to me as soon as I have sortdthe heating out.

I have a 36x16x16 fish tank set up with aspen flooring a bit snake water dish and 2 hideouts for him. next month when paid i will get a climbing branh and some fake plants to make it look better

thing is on the advice of my local shop i have bought a arcadia ceramic bulb holder and 150watt ceramic bulb. i need to buy a thhermostat tomorrow but I; wondering how will that reglate the heat as bulb holdrr I have only has an off and on swithch?

could you recoemend a bulb holder and thermostat for me that controls it self and i;LL take this holder back

cheers simon

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  00:28:28  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
you just need a porcalin holder and heat proof cable,as for the stat you will need either a dimming stat or a pulse proportinal stat.the dimming stat works by detecting the haet level and dimming the ceramic bulb accordinly and the pulse will send pulses of power to regulate the temps,take a look at this http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=708

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Edited by - lee2308 on 02/07/2009 00:29:32
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  05:54:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You just have the bulb plugged into the stat and the stat will turn off/reduce power to the Ceramic.

Go to Top of Page

Simonas
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  08:01:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

You just have the bulb plugged into the stat and the stat will turn off/reduce power to the Ceramic.

spot on thats wat i wondered. excellent so i justneed to sort that get asteady temp then get my Royal!!!! I held him last night at my mates hes gorgeous!!
Go to Top of Page

Simonas
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  08:07:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

you just need a porcalin holder and heat proof cable,as for the stat you will need either a dimming stat or a pulse proportinal stat.the dimming stat works by detecting the haet level and dimming the ceramic bulb accordinly and the pulse will send pulses of power to regulate the temps,take a look at this http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=708

cheers for that good thread
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000