Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redware
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2014 :  20:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

A couple of noob questions as I only have corns at the moment and want to get things right for the two royals that will be joining the collection in the next month!

Both snakes are under a year at ~5months (~150g) and 8-9months (~300g), And I have been advised by the local reptile shop to start them both in 9L Rubs with large 5 inch dog water bowls to keep up the humidity? Does that sound about right? I have a 5L and a 12L rub on standby too if they are needed.

I intend to have them both on heat mats under the rubs with a high end pulse stats and inside monitored by a digi thermometer, keeping the hot end at 32C.

I am going to keep them both on paper towel to start so any problems are visible and keep them isolated from the corns for the first month.

Any comments welcome!

Thanks

Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2014 :  21:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Everything sounds perfect there, only thing I would say is I currently have 7 hatchlings between 50g and 150g and all are housed in 12L rubs, all feeding and shedding fine :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Redware
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2014 :  00:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Kelfezond!

I was thinking 12 L for the larger of the two so maybe I will go with that and see how we go!

Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000