Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jarvo
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  20:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
As some of you may remember I bought my first visual pied royal last year, I now have an adult female poss het pied.
As this is my first time breeding I am researching as much as possible, can you recommend any good breeding guides as their is a lot of conflicting info on google.
As I will be introducing him in to the females viv would you remove the hides - this may seem like a daft question I know but I cannot see any info on breeding in viv,s and some breeders remove the hides when using racks.

Cheers

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  20:59:48  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I remove hides when I breed mine purely so I can see locks easier and there is also the fact they can't both fit inside one anyway.

This is all you'll ever need to know :)

http://ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding/

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Jarvo
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  21:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, may I ask if you breed in viv,s?
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  21:05:18  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I do not, I breed in RUB's. But I can't really see much difference?

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2014 :  21:43:05  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are having our first try at breeding (snakes not us) and decided to use her viv with the hides removed for ease of lock spotting and as said they wouldn't both fit in.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  00:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Markus Jayne pictorial guide is the best I have seen
http://ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding/

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

Jarvo
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  08:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the links and advice, I just want to research as much as possible before pairing up but I know that I will only really learn by the experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000