New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PythonLeeJackson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2015 :  21:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering... :) I was just wondering if behaviour, feeding patterns etc. alter when rp's are getting on in age. I would assume the activity levels, feeding, shedding frequency etc. would reduce, but I don't know and expect there may be plenty of forum members who can speak from experience. Anybody..?

PythonLeeJackson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  22:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow... I must have asked a seriously boring question or found something nobody knows about. Even replying to my own question now - how sad is that? Guess my question was so pants nobody can be bothered responding. OK I can take a hint... all alone out here... I'll just crawl back under my log... or maybe I should get out more... take up stamp collecting instead...don't worry about me...

Edited by - PythonLeeJackson on 01/11/2015 22:45:12
Go to Top of Page

Alves76
Yearling

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2015 :  11:49:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. I haven't had the time to check the forum as regularly as I did before. I also keep on forgetting to check.

I can't answer your question though - my RP is only 2 years old!

0.1.0 Normal Royal
1.0.0 Common BCI

Go to Top of Page

CliffW
Hatchling

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  07:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi PLJ - I too am unable to answer your question re aged pythons - but the lack of response is not personal, I'm sure! I think it has something to do with a thing called "Facebook" - I miss the lively flow of q&a, comment, banter and general "catching up" that used to go on on the forum, but I gather something of the sort now happens on the "Dark Side"!

1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal (Pretzel)
0.1.0 Normal Royal (Honey)
Go to Top of Page

PythonLeeJackson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  17:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cliff & Alves, thanks for replying and you're right of course. I suspect the forum has been heading that way for some time. It's a shame because there's a huge library of valuable information on here but it seems as if it's gradually changing to a static archive rather than a living breathing forum. The power of the Dark Side is strong...
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2015 :  23:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think 2016 is the year of promoting the forum and getting more activity back here. You're right the info here is invaluable for keepers.

I've noticed that the older my Royal gets the less often he eats, the more laid back and still he is and his weight is pretty much levelled off.

Go to Top of Page

PythonLeeJackson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2015 :  23:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant! I keep checking just in case there's someone out there in Forumland and Lotabob provides a great response - thank you :) What you say makes complete sense as the metabolic rate slows with age. And yes, it would be good to breathe some new life back into the forum in 2016.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000