Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  18:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
woah. as an objective 3rd party, seems a few crossed wires on this thread lol! crazysnakeman from what ive read, it sounds like the guys are just trying to help. in fairness, if you didnt plan on breeding and dont want too, one larger RUB would be more cost effective than a load of littl'uns. i do greatly admire your spirit in saving the poor snakes and i commend you for it. It sound like the guys here are just lookin out for the snakes interests (as there are obv weight/ size issues to consider) just as you did. the reason you get praise for droppin off a wave (i surf too) or falling down a cliff (or in my case highsiding my race bike) is because youre only gunna hurt yourself with your mistakes and not anyone else and just like you, the guys here obviously care about your snakes :) dont stress on it buddy and dont let a little misunderstanding put you off. its clear that you know what you are doing and that you care greatly for your snakes but dont poopoo the advice that you asked for. hope that helps and you dont feel im just sticking my nose in!

1.0.0 royal "ophion"
1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
0.1.0 coastal carpet python- "serendipity"
0.1.0 bunny rabbit (?) "Truffle"

RIP Prisma Pequeno- Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Edited by - Benji54 on 23/12/2010 18:37:29
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  18:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Crazysnakeman, try and give the forum a chance.

You've posted with a hard problem, both for you and the snakes. Other members have asked you for extra info to give a clearer picture, so that they can advise you better. A lot of questions might seem a bit daunting at first, but try and stay with it - and remember we're as concerned about your snakes as you are.

I for one didn't think you were into owning snakes just because you're young and wanted to look cool.

Sorry if I've left out any points, but, about the rub. If your female is gravid, yes of course you'll need several small rubs for the hatchlings, but in the meantime you'll need the larger rub for the male. You help out at a zoo - is there any chance they could lend you equipment until you can afford your own?

I'm sure we all wish you the best, and want to help you resolve the difficulties.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  18:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops sorry, Benji, overlapped!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  18:59:02  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazysnakeman

Maybe some of that response sounds childish, but this really is one of the most off putting things i have ever come across in the world or reptile keeping. you can make the biggest balls up in rock climbing, surfing, practically any of my other hobbies and people will congratulate you for trying, and give you their opinion on how to move forward, even on the other reptile keeping forums. It seems like on here though, I ask for a bit of help, and people second guess you and try to outwit you, and drown out the good natured people who try to improve things. If my response seems a bit childish, it isnt intended to be, its just a response based on feeling a bit pushed out. I note that not one person responded in any effort to say, hang on guys, maybe there are reasons behind this. Im not sure whether or not to keep using this forum - the corn/hoggy/amphib sites are all very good so im reluctant to leave just because of this, but at the same time no other forum treats other people in this way.

lmao, that made me laugh, mate, dont get your knickers in a twist, poeple are just caring enough to want the best for all snakes, plus, u think this is bad, why dont u pop over to rfuk and see what they say

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  19:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Oops sorry, Benji, overlapped!

no worries bud..great minds and all that

1.0.0 royal "ophion"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  19:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - Danny said it!

Stick with us - we're a lot gentler!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  19:02:17  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL - Danny said it!

^^this
lol, thanks bats

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  19:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:

LOL - Danny said it!

^^this
lol, thanks bats

You're welcome!

Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2010 :  11:26:46  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crazysnake pm me your, address I can help you out with a heat-mat.

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  19:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey CoN, thanks for the offer! I would have been really really good, BUT, my parents got me a second hand rack system as a joint xmas/bday present! proper chuffed with it actually! The only one not in the racks is my hoggy - he has a planted viv that took me 5 months to set up to the point i was happy it fitted his criteria, to be a bit anthropomorphic, hes the most intelligent snake I have, gets bored easily, and enjoys things to do! I do alot of things for him in terms of enrichment with thermal gradients and smell enrichment just cos otherwise he starts "pacing" the front of his tank - when he was on aspen - and doing the climbing up the glass thing.. With the planted set up he climbs about - despite being a hognose, and spends alot of time climbing some of the creepers.. anyways, hes the only one left in a viv - and a glass one at that.. but it doesnt seem to phase him, the sides of the glass have coco fibre on them.

The boa will be too big for the rack as she grows up I should think - unless shes a small adult! So I may move her out of the rack in a year or so, just see how it goes! but cheers for the advice, and hopefully she isnt gravid already!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  22:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that's good, congrats and Merry Christmas, and hope they go on ok now.

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2010 :  10:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one! glad you got that all sorted! :)

1.0.0 royal "ophion"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page