New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2011 :  13:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone my lucy has still not eaten yet it has been now 3mounths when she had her last feed ive been trying every 10 days she just dosent want it but she still has a drink so thats good news i just want her to feed she has lost no weight so thats good WHEN WILL SHE FEED PLZ SOMEONE TELL ME

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2011 :  17:40:08  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if shes not losing any weight, then theres nothing really to worry about
saying that though, we all worry when our royal misses a week, let alone 3 months.
at the moment alot of royals went off there food becasue of the winter season with it being breeding season, but theres no real way to tell when a royal will start eating again
from what you say she sounds perfectly healthy still drinking
if i was to geues i would say maybe another month before royals get back to there usual eating habbits, or when the weather starts to heat up slightly.
i hope she starts eating for you soon, but it seems to be doing her no harm

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2011 :  18:00:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Which methods have you tried? As danny said as long as she isnt losing weight she'll be fine but its good to get her back on food.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2011 :  21:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh agree with Danny and Kelf. You've prob done already but if any of mine stop for a while I just give em a good check over and make sure nothings wrong. Double check temps n stuff. That way you know it's just a hunger strike. Was has worked a lot of the time for me is downsize the prey and rub the warmed up mouse/rat in some fresh mouse/rat bedding from a local pet shop. Hope she starts soon for ya but as already said if not poising weight and still drinking that's fine.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2011 :  23:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much does the snake weigh? If he's a male and anywhere around the 500g mark, or female around the 1200g mark, it might be the breeding season that is keeping him/her from having an appetite.

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  17:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes thanks 4 the reply her weight is still 600g i weigh her every 2 weeks she has stayed the same like i say she looks good in her self shes drinking so ill give it other fortnight try her and hope for the best i just want her feeding ive tryed a mouse ie small one no good ive also put the mouse in the viv 4 a hour no good she just turns away from it its so worrying ill just keep my fingers crossed lol

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  19:28:10  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ye dont worry, Ive got a male 660g and he is off his food from early Dec. But he is still looking healthy, I only try feeding him every fortnight and keep track on his weight. Its a male thing lol.

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  22:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers con

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  18:19:22  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a Royal for you they do that and so long as they are ok and not losing weight try not to worry I have a female that hasn't fed since 15th August 1010 and is very healthy and lost little weight they will eat again when they are ready and that causes no stress to them just to us their keepers :)

Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  08:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW ROBERT THAT IS SOME TIME THANKS FOR THE REPLY AND TO EVERY ONE ELSE THIS FORUM IS GOOD AND WITH GOOD PEOPLE THANKS AGAIN

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  11:05:34  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Laughing .... I mean't since 2010 sorry about the typo and what a record that would have been if it were 1010 LOL

Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  11:15:08  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry for hi-jacking sort of, but it might be relevant. For a non feeding Royal, how much weight loss is still considered safe. I.A.W. when should you start to worry?

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  12:48:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure there is much in the way of guidelines out there. I'd say that a snake over 1kg could easily safely lose 200g over a few months.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  14:50:04  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My CB09 non-feeder has lost just over 120g in the past 6 months she is down to 752g still fit and active and beginning to take an interest in food again as she at least investigates before declining so hopefully she'll break her fast soon.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000