Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  01:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya,

I was given a pair of proven royals that were set up to produce a clutch this year, but it's my first time, and I'm not sure what stage she is currently at. I've had the pair a few weeks now, and about two weeks ago, the female started swelling around 2/3 of the way down her body. this swelling stayed untill yesterday, and she now appears as normal - no swelling at all.

I've been reading up (obviously) but can't understand if they build up this swelling, ovulate, and then return to normal, shed, and then lay. OR, if they ovulate, return to normal, then shed, build up, then lay. As in, at what point do they build up in the swelling - before or after ovulation? I'm guessing if it's the first, then they swell up again as they get closer to laying?

Some clarity on a chronological order of events would be good - http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html - this description is good, but it doesn't mention whether they return to normal after ovulation and before the shed?

Cheers,
Josh

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  02:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, you've probably read this as it's mentioned in a sticky on here, but if not, the Markus Jayne Ball Python Breeding site has a good pictorial guide to the development of the female.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000