Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  13:37:27  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

This is a good thread, hopefully it will stop people from worrying so much about the natural fasts that Royals are prone to.

thats true be,it reasures you that your not alone,my local rep shop said thats all he's been hearing from royal owners and a few other snake owners is that there having trouble getting their snakes to feed and he has one in the shop that has not fed for 3 months,just stick with it and they will come round

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  14:43:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Think about how many times you hear about a Royal not eating compared with how many times you hear about one starving to death.

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  18:52:40  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's me half out the club, managed to get Nyoka to take a feed, tried GP's method in the end and she struck! Which she ain't done for a while, so very pleased. Just got to get Nelson to feed now.
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  22:45:27  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  22:56:53  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
YAY!!!! That's me out the club now. Nelson just took his feed too, couldn't even wait for the lid to come of his vivacious and he'd struck and ended up dangling in mid air whilst I placed him back in.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  23:12:21  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good news Scott.

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  17:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really a fully fledged member, but I offered Sid a roland the other night not realising he was in shed (he tends to be a bit fussy so I was dangling it in front of his hide) and when he struck out from underneath he was all bluey eyed. Although he did strike, I think he gave up because I found the roland half chewed up in the corner of the faun later on.

I'll leave it til after shed and hopefully he'll go back to his usual greedy ways.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  19:27:21  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rocky had a week off, didn't eat last Sunday, but ate today.

Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  20:37:44  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sofia's gone 3 weeks now, my fault though, I think, because I've gone from night time to trying morning feeds. Looks like I've been deposed as the ruler of my house!!!

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  20:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzetski

Sofia's gone 3 weeks now, my fault though, I think, because I've gone from night time to trying morning feeds. Looks like I've been deposed as the ruler of my house!!!

If i feed daytime, it is generally late afternoon, but i normally feed at night, i am only doing what i think they would in the wild and thats to feed when its dark or getting to dusk.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:09:10  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks wolf, there's been a few changes in the snake shack as well so she's probably a bit stressed, I'll leave it 7 days settling in time as I did previously & try again AT NIGHT!

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish

Edited by - Dazzetski on 15/03/2009 21:09:56
Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  08:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My temporary part time membership should be revoked, Sid ate on Thursday, even popped the roland's insides out and still chomped it down.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  11:11:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im back in again,offered weaners last 2 weeks,no interest at all.He probably take mice but i dont know if to wait it out and keep him on rats,what you lot think,give him mice for now or hold out?

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  11:37:28  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hold on if he's healthy otherwise (just my opinion).

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  18:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah when Sid stopped I was tempted to try him with a mouse but I was worried he'd just not eat rats again, like BE said, unless it is affecting his health I'd stick to rats.
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  19:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im in big time...8 weeks and counting....

Edited by - dazb on 17/03/2009 19:55:29
Go to Top of Page

Colin S
Yearling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  23:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, not sure if I am going to be joining this club or not.
It`s now 12 days since Grace fed, but it is only 4 days since she shed, so I think it is because of her recent shedding that she has not eaten.
I will therefore leave off joining this exclusive club for a few more days :-)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  16:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was so close to being in the club yesterday, holding the rat for a good 15mins before it was taken.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  18:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know if this is tempting fate, but i must be very lucky, cos Peanut is dying for food, and the only time he has missed was when he was ill...now he is three days away from being fed and each time i go in to give him his meds his head is out before i have the viv open..think he is hungry.
I hope all your non feeders eat soon.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  18:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so do I...dont like wasting all the food.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000