New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ShortyGinger
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  12:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just introducing myself a friend suggested me to join this forum, she said you guys we're seriously friendly and helpful. ive not got much experience but ive recently gotten two royal pythons one male Monty and a female called izzie they're a couple and inseparable. hope you guys can give me some help when i need it of course.

1 male royal Monty
1 female royal Izzie

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  13:29:47  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi SG. Welcome to the forum.
How old are your two new royals. There are some people who cohabit but generally is advised to separate them as it can stress the snakes out trying to get the best positions/hides, the male once old enough will constantly be trying to mate, they need to be fed separately, etc, etc
Hope this doesn't come across as preachy, just passing on info.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures, we do love piccies on here.

There are a few threads discussing cohabiting Here's one I found
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827&SearchTerms=cohabit

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.

Edited by - Baobab on 26/04/2014 13:40:42
Go to Top of Page

ShortyGinger
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  13:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baobab

Hi SG. Welcome to the forum.
How old are your two new royals. There are some people who cohabit but generally is advised to separate them as it can stress the snakes out trying to get the best positions/hides, the male once old enough will constantly be trying to mate, they need to be fed separately, etc, etc
Hope this doesn't come across as preachy, just passing on info.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures, we do love piccies on here.

There are a few threads discussing cohabiting Here's one I found
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827&SearchTerms=cohabit

well they we're my brother ex's but she never really cared for them and she just left them with my brother (who can barely look after himself)she's one of those spoilt girls with a rich father. i asked my brother if i could look after them and he said sure. if i remember correctly Monty is a year and half old and izzie is only a year old.

1 male royal Monty
1 female royal Izzie
Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  14:30:25  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So they used to belong to verruca salt.

At that age monty will be looking to play the "look what I've been hiding"game with izzie who should still be playing with her dollies.

Do you know if they are both normals or a morph of any sort.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

rustyp1974
Sub Adult

France
554 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  15:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi & welcome to the addiction! Good for you taking them on & now learning to care for them. Loads of friendly peeps on this forum & always willing to help. Have a good read through as many care sheets as you can get your eyes on if you haven't done so already & ask as many questions as you want, no such thing as a silly question here.

Oh & as Baobab said....pics pics pics!!!

1.0.0 Classic Royal Python - Apsalar
0.1.0 Fire Pinstripe Royal Python - Ember
1.1.0 Het Clown Royals (Male Pastel)
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon GG X Sandfire - Bert
1.1.O Sunset Bearded Dragons
1.0.0 Veiled/Yemen Chameleon - Ernie.RIP.
0.0.1 Pandinus Cavimanus Africanus
1.1.0 White Headed Dwarf Geckos
1.0.0 Morelia SP Jungle Jaguar
1.0.0 BCI Nicaraguan Salmon
1.0.0 Reticulated Python.Tiger/50% Jampea

Go to Top of Page

ShortyGinger
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  15:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im not sure what you guys mean by morph but ill get pics up soon.

1 male royal Monty
1 female royal Izzie
Go to Top of Page

rustyp1974
Sub Adult

France
554 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  15:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a good article to describe what a "morph" is - http://www.ballpython.com/index.php?page=makemorph

I tried to write a description myself but failed badly..lol

1.0.0 Classic Royal Python - Apsalar
0.1.0 Fire Pinstripe Royal Python - Ember
1.1.0 Het Clown Royals (Male Pastel)
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon GG X Sandfire - Bert
1.1.O Sunset Bearded Dragons
1.0.0 Veiled/Yemen Chameleon - Ernie.RIP.
0.0.1 Pandinus Cavimanus Africanus
1.1.0 White Headed Dwarf Geckos
1.0.0 Morelia SP Jungle Jaguar
1.0.0 BCI Nicaraguan Salmon
1.0.0 Reticulated Python.Tiger/50% Jampea

Go to Top of Page

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  19:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 genetic stripe royal
0.1.0 lesser goblin royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.1.0 Columbian rainbow boa
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 trans pecos rat snake
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  21:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome along

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  14:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Redware
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  15:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Go to Top of Page

Alves76
Yearling

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  18:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. This place is a wealth of information. I've only been here a month or so but already have learned a ton of stuff!

0.1.0 Normal Royal
1.0.0 Common BCI

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  20:52:02  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This forum and the friendly people in here helped me a lot when I started, feels like home when I came back here even if I have no royals now ..
Welcome to the forum :)

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000