New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Derek FRS
Yearling

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2015 :  23:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone i know this is probs the wrong section but didnt know where to post so please move to the correct section if it is wrong. Anyway my little girl Boa has turned realy defensive over the past 2 or 3 days ive had her about 18 months and she has never been like this before she strikes everytime i walk past her viv she is about 4.5 foot nothing has changed regarding her feeding schedule or temps or viv set up just find It strange as she is usually puppy dog tame this is out of character for her so could any1 shed any light as to why she has become defensive and if i should just handle her a little more to calm her back down thanks in advance :)

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2015 :  03:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is she coming up to a shed?
no sign of mites is there?
could be due to the breeding season or shes just going through a moody stage
someone on here had a burm turn a bit nasty/temperamental when it got to around 6ft and moved to a bigger viv but it did calm back down after a while

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Derek FRS
Yearling

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2015 :  09:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No no signs of mites and she just shed 2 weeks ago so isnt due shed its a strange 1 could be something to do wi breeding season not sure tho didn't think she had reached maturity yet as she is still pretty small compared to some she is in a 3-2-2 viv just now so is plenty big for her might get her a viv for her adult size and se if this helps :)
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2015 :  10:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's a strange one, sometimes you just get snakes which are mean and nothing you do will change that, rare though so probably not the case - I'd definintely recommend keeping up the handling as much as possible, and as strange as it sounds it could be that she's becoming more comfortable with herself now, a lot of the time baby snakes will appear "Puppy tame" but it's often "Too scared to move" when they get a bit bigger they can sometimes have a bit of a temper, just gotta work past it.

Boas in particular I've heard a lot about them going through moody teenage stages when they get around that size, fortunately mine never did but I've had plenty of people message me after buying Pandora's babies telling me how their snakes have suddenly gotten aggressive. I'd say just keep up the handling, double check all the husbandry and health issues and see how she is in a few months.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Derek FRS
Yearling

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2015 :  20:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your input mate had her out today and she was striking a little bit before i got her out of the viv but she was completely fine and back to herself after i got her out il handle her a little more than i have been to tame her down here is a little pic a snapped when she was out :)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2015 :  21:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous, sounds like she's just being a bit viv defensive.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000