New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  18:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya, My female royal shed 4 days 2 days ago, she cut her nose I think trying to get the shed off, but didnt succeed, she she half her face, and her entire body, but there was a retained eye cap along with that same side of her face.

She had bled a tiny little bit, so I gently took the skin off in a warm bath, and the skin came off. The very front scale on her upper lip - the largest one as you look at them dead on was the one that had bled, but it hasn't bled at all since she shed. however, the scale did not look like it was there at all anymore, almost like it had come off completely, she has two missing scales from her previous owner, this is her first shed with me since I rescued her. The front scale, that looks like the actual scale is missing is now completely pink, it does not look like septicaemia, it is not blotches of pink, and they are no where else on her body, the entire scale area is just a peach colour with no variation or anything to suggest an infection.

Should I dab some sort of neosporin or iodine based solute? I rescued a male with lacerations, and a corn snake with scale rot, both of which my vet said to treat with the Iodine solute I have, but I don't know if you use it as a preventative, or a cure - the last two times have been to cure a snake, this is the first time I've had a snake injured in my 6 years in the hobby whilst in my care..

Anyways, cheers for any advice!

Josh

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  19:09:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you already have it then yes, I would probably give it a clean with the Iodine.

Go to Top of Page

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  00:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done, hopefully no problems will come up! Both my royals gone off feed.. Same every year for the male..

Cheers for the advice,
Josh
Go to Top of Page

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2015 :  19:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Not been here for a while but my girl has just got a small injury so wanted to post up to make sure I'm taking the best course of action.

She'd managed to rub her nose til it was scraped (dull but not raw) in her tank on an edge.

I assumed it would work itself out next shed but now she has shed and in all the rubbing as part of the shed it has pulled off the skin and is now a raw pink but not bleeding (unless it bled earlier).

I've attached a couple of pics, what's the best course of action here?

That bit that has rolled up is still attached. I don't want to try pulling it off as I'm worried it will pull more skin off, yet if I leave it like that she will probably scrape it off herself and do more damage.

Thanks

[URL=http://s331.photobucket.com/user/rustumf/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN7925.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s331.photobucket.com/user/rustumf/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN7928.jpg.html][/URL]

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000