Should I be worried?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Khan
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  19:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had Khan for 6 months and he has settled in well. He is 18 months old. He has been feeding, shedding and pooping fine and active at night. He last fed last Thursday and since then has shown signs of going into shed. I have checked temps which are all as they should be and have increased humidity. Over the last 2 days he has just stayed in his hide and I have not noticed him moving. Can this be normal or should I be worried? He is my first snake so just need a pointer of anything I can do or if there may be a problem. Thanks in advance x

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  19:51:47  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perfectly normal for them to stay in there hides while there shedding
Nothing to worry about

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Khan
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  20:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou, he has shed since he's been with me but didn't notice him being so inactive before. As I'm a novice just wanted some reassurance. :)
Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  23:59:22  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As evo has said, perfectly normal routine for a pre-shed royal. Always remember that they get a kick out of stressing us out.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

Derek FRS
Yearling

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2014 :  02:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yip thats perfectly normal as already said :) wish my royals were atleast a little active :) lol 99.9% of the time the only moving my lot do is from there hot to cool hide and vise-versa lol they may become active at night but i never se them lol royals are not very good display snakes i love my boa's for that they are always out and sitting up on there ledge watching everything that goes on outside there viv :)
Go to Top of Page

RachandRob
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2014 :  08:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Royals love to cause us panic ...we have 3 and you only usually ever see one (climbing his vines lol) the rest you start seeing closer to feeding day our boas on the other hand...well let's just say we are always being watched and not very discreetly!
Go to Top of Page

coxcats
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
584 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2014 :  16:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only one of mine, Sas, roams his viv, usually wrecking it in the process! The other 2 like hiding in their houses. I occasionally see Boris going from one end to the other but Ria is like a phantom!

Royals - Sas, Boris & Ria
Boas - 1 called Titch until we can think of a name for her!
Cats - Felix, Becky, Max & Willow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000