Water
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geth13
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2014 :  22:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, does anyone else's snakes love water? Mine loves to chill out in my fish tank, climbs up and gets in himself, just wondering if it's normal behaviour? Also how long can they hold their breath under water?

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2014 :  09:59:18  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What sort of snake do you have? And do you have fish in the tank or is it just a snake swimming pool.
The only time we have a tub of water around its when they are getting a poor shed Bath and usually they Can't wait to get out of it. Not sure if any of ours would actively seek out the water when they are out for walkies.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

Sassenach
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  21:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my three will sit in her bowl completely submerged from time to time but I've never seen the other two anywhere near their water.
Go to Top of Page

jackiee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  14:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 royals that like to bathe in there water bowels but the other 20 never bother.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  22:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fish tank? I have an aquarium and with the salts, stabilisers and occasional treatments I wouldn't have thought an aquarium to be a suitable water habitat for a snake and I would avoid this happening.
As for them seeking water the usual culprits are that they are too warm, shedding or have mites so i would check for this. Provide them a bowl big enough to sit in and avoid the aquarium.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000