God damn sticky stuff! help pls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fiestastlou
Yearling

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  11:59:27  Show Profile  Visit fiestastlou's Homepage  Click to see fiestastlou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Me and the other half where out shopping for the reps last night, we got cecil a bigger rub and a few new bits, whilst in pets at home i found a bigger VERY heavy granite water bowl, which i thought was perfect as it was soo heavy and i think it will cure the "mummy iv tipped the water bowl over again" problem.. but im not left with a problem, the sticker in the middle of the bowl was huge and when i went to disinfect it the sticker wouldnt come off, it just left the lovely white bits once ripped off, i did every thing, scrubbed, used knifes but i cannot get rid of the sticky residue the sticker has left :( i tried fairy liquid and rep disinfect, i didnt wnna use anything else incase it left traces n poisoned cecil, does anyone know anything i could use to get it off? once water is in it the stickyness goes so he cant get stuck to, but im more worried about the chemicals in the glue... i have not put it in yet, wanna wait until i know i can get the stuff off or if its safe to do so with it still on there.

09 Royal Python normal - Cecil
10 Royal Python Spider - Skye
09 Amel Corn - Syd
10 Snow Corn - Jenny
10 Butter Motley Corn - Philip

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  12:03:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Meths or something like that should help, just rinse thoroughly after.

I have put mine through the dishwasher a couple of times to get rid of labels in the past.

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  12:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
boiling water and a toothbrush. Glue melts and the brush will lift it off.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  12:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WD40 is usually excellent for getting rid of glue residue, but I'd wash the heck out of the bowl afterwards.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather

Edited by - chris100575 on 02/09/2010 12:31:55
Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  13:15:10  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Spit and nail varnish remover and let it soak in boiling water and scrub it throughly after that helped me

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Go to Top of Page

fiestastlou
Yearling

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  13:21:58  Show Profile  Visit fiestastlou's Homepage  Click to see fiestastlou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
welly i used a old tooth brush n hot water and it didnt :( gna try what ppl have recomended tho and see how i get on, thank u :)

09 Amel Corn - Syd
10 Snow Corn - Jenny
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  19:40:48  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no idea lol i'm not much use

Go to Top of Page

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  20:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
biological washing powder works on alot of glues but you have to leave it in a few days with water and it should wipe off or surgical sprits also work with a bit of scrubbing
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  22:28:09  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with BE meths is good and also spray furniture polish as it has solvents that help remove adhesive, always wash well afterwards

Go to Top of Page

fiestastlou
Yearling

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  11:35:18  Show Profile  Visit fiestastlou's Homepage  Click to see fiestastlou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i havnt got round to doing it yet, but im gna tackle it tonight, do u think its worth running thru the dishwater with no tablet afterwords just to make sure its completly free of anything i use on it?

09 Amel Corn - Syd
10 Snow Corn - Jenny
Go to Top of Page

KDRGM
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  22:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lighter Fluid for petrol lighters works really well, i just scrubbed well afterwards and sprayed with "ark-lens germecide & clenser"
Hope this Helps

Kev

Owned By

1.1.0/ Amelanistic Cornsnake (Amber & D.T.)
2.1.0. Normal/Classic /males het for amber (Marley,Ziggy & Kaya)
0.1.0. Snow cornsnake (Blizzard)
0.0.27. Mostly Amel cornsnakes ( all for sale )

1.0.0. BP (Nesta)

1.1.0. Common Boa's (Ky-Mani & Bobbie)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000