Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I've been reading and researching everywhere. I know pairing-off started at the end of Nov or thereabouts, and I've learned loads about mating and gravid females and incubation too, BUT -

Reading on this forum I keep seeing members mention cb babies who have hatched in the autumn. Therefore there's a second breeding season?

So when is it?

I've promised Shahi that if he and Surahi are heavy enough by then they can go on honeymoon ...(aaaah lol!)

If not, we will wait until next Nov. It's not a serious breeding programme - just a bit of fun, and provisions will be made for accommodation of all the babes as I'm not sure I'll be able to part with them - they will be VIPs (Very Important Pythons!)

Thanks!

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:16:50  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lmfao, vip's lmao, never thought of that

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - that's why they call them VIPers!!

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  16:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya bats it's just one breeding season it's just that some males may not be interested in a particular female till later on in the season or may have been placed in with them late. Also some females will hold the sperm and lay eggs further down the line in late summer. Therefore giving late hatchlings, plus add the time it takes to get a number of consecutive feeds down them and you end up with hatchlings being up for sale in Autumn.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  16:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

Hiya bats it's just one breeding season it's just that some males may not be interested in a particular female till later on in the season or may have been placed in with them late. Also some females will hold the sperm and lay eggs further down the line in late summer. Therefore giving late hatchlings, plus add the time it takes to get a number of consecutive feeds down them and you end up with hatchlings being up for sale in Autumn.

Cheers Bob - I must have got my wires crossed - could have sworn I'd read about cb babies arriving in Sept - but that must have been when they'd arrived at their new homes ...

Did wonder why I'd been searching everywhere for info about this and couldn't find it!

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  17:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very naughty of me, considering how extremely ignorant I am about breeding, but couldn't keep this to myself.

I was on another forum - not a reptile forum, and someone had posted about royals, asking if they could possibly be gay.

They said they'd bought two males, and kept them together, and then one day gone to the viv, and found the little guys locked ...

Not funny in regard to husbandry issues, and I hope (if the post was really serious) that eggs will not result, and I know I've no right to laugh, but did have to grin a bit ...

Edited by - n/a on 03/01/2011 17:48:58
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  17:26:35  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ye i think it all comes down to when the female becomes gravid, as some will save sperm, and fertilise later on, so then babies get born in septmber like my bow

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  17:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah - thought I'd read it somewhere about babies hatching in Sept!

Mind you they can save sperm for a long time - wasn't there a post some time ago about a royal in America that hadn't been with a male for ages but who'd laid viable eggs?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  18:43:56  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As it is all artificial would it be a health risk to just breed them whenever you feel like it but make sure to alter the light and temperatures to get them .. in the mood shall we say?

I mean it's not as if the little guys have calendars in the vivs or something.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  18:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

As it is all artificial would it be a health risk to just breed them whenever you feel like it but make sure to alter the light and temperatures to get them .. in the mood shall we say?

I mean it's not as if the little guys have calendars in the vivs or something.

LOL - Kel, I get the feeling you can't wait to plan a royal wedding ...umm, love is in the air ...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  19:37:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are people who have temperature and light controlled reptile rooms and as such can simulate any season they want and pair whenever they want.

I started pairing in September last year, but know others who have paired on and off all year with success.

And to your other question, yes it has been known for one male to lock with another if housed together (every hole's a goal, so to speak).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  19:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

There are people who have temperature and light controlled reptile rooms and as such can simulate any season they want and pair whenever they want.

I started pairing in September last year, but know others who have paired on and off all year with success.

And to your other question, yes it has been known for one male to lock with another if housed together (every hole's a goal, so to speak).

My golly gosh, the insatiable little rascals!

(Translated before the swear filter does it for me!)

You know I thought it might be a wind-up, and I've really been bothered about eggs etc., even though on one level it was funny. Oh, good, hope it is just two males having ... wahaay!

Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  22:51:00  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking under correction, but isn't it sometimes when people double clutching too?

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  16:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CoN

Speaking under correction, but isn't it sometimes when people double clutching too?

having a dumb moment Con, don't understand the question.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  17:21:41  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry Ive could`ve put it better, Ive heard of breeders, trying to breed their females twice in a season (meaning double clutching). Its one thing I dont believe in.

Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  18:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, not heard of this but that really can't be good.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  19:12:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some will do it naturally, retaining sperm from the first locking.

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  22:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you mean a double sired clutch as that's what i'm understanding from you BE and that i understand and knew about. Or do you mean breeding the female so she produces 2 clutches of eggs in one year. Sorry being a bit slow on this one.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  23:19:36  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Breeding the female twice, I.A.W. the female get paired twice.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  17:17:18  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CoN

Breeding the female twice, I.A.W. the female get paired twice.

and sometimes the female will lay twice after being paired once

I'm trying to remember when the CF royals come in, normally around August ain't it? then sold as CB.....

Edited by - karl on 12/04/2011 17:17:55
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  17:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I know cfs hatch April/May and are exported asap - unless there is another racket going on with later hatchlings. It's a cut-throat business over there I understand.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000