New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  11:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, So as I'm not doing much today, thought I'd drop down to portsmouth (Yes.. I know thats hampshire!) And Visit South coast exotics & Emsworth Aquaria and reptiles - Which i believe is royal morphs for sale online??

Been looking around online to see if there are any other places, and came across this list on an association website, and wondered if anybody in the area has had any dealings with them or visited and can recommend them as a good stockists for anything snake related ??
http://www.pras-uk.co.uk/useful.htm - go to bottom section of page.

AND as the title says

Are there any Reptile shops that people in Sussex can recommend.
My Local ones are Animal magic in Littlehampton and Repco in Brighton.
There used to be a fantastic reptile shop attached the garden centre in Ditchling that my parents took me too as a treat when I was a kid, but they moved to Copthorn about 5/6 years ago, and I can't for the life of me remember the name to be able to track them down!!

What else is out there in sussex?

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  11:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't waste time going to south coast, I went there yesterday no royal morphs in at the moment :(

Emsworth always have morphs in stock and yes I believe they are royal morphs on facebook. I avoid the place due to working there once and hating it but they do have a lovely selection and it's always worth going just to see the albino rattlesnake ^^

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  11:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:( Thats abit dis-heartening, although as hard as it is to say this, I'm going to be good, and not come home with any new friends.
More the intention of familiarising myself with and establishing some links within my local radius, with stockists and suppliers etc.
I thought that south coast exotic was generally well thought of and reputable?
And yeh.. I guess it's more of a way of entertaining myself for the day and seeing what places have as " attraction" snakes / reptiles.
Is there anywhere else you'd recommend being down that way Kelf?
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  11:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I only know south coast and emsworth (South coast is well thought of and reputable, just no royal morphs in stock at the momoent)

Emsworth is well thought of too I only dislike it due to working there before as a kid, reasons I won't get into but reasons personal to me, no reason anybody else would dislike the shop they have a great collection there.

Apart from the havant reptile show on october not alot else reptile-wise in my neck of the woods. However emsworth is deffinately worth looking at they have some beautiful morphs on display

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  12:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh, Thats ok. May help me resist the temptation to come home with something then!!

Yeh I'm quite intrigued by Emsworth as I came across their website just after I bought my little guy and some of the pictures he has of his hatchlings are so so beautiful.

I'm going to be heading off in about 10 mins, Thanks Kelf :)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  12:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  22:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelf, do you know if South Coast Exotics breed their own royals or whether they buy them in?
I asked a youngish lad in their today and he said it depends what I want, so I told him what I was interested in and he just kinda tailed off with some ramblings that didn't really give me an answer!!
Left my number with them, just to see if they can get anything from my interest list once more hatching has happened, but was just wondering as you seem to have had alot of experience with them.

And
I've got to say, Emsworth Reptiles.. Big thumbs up. Loved it in there, the 2 guys I spoke to were fantastic, handled some beautiful morphs, got a sneak of what they've got coming this year and had such a wealth of knowledge. Will definitely be keeping my eyes on their clutches.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  23:35:20  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
South coast buy in as far as I know, I live like twenty doors down they're on my road so I see them alot. Never heard from them about breeding their own, small shop.

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  23:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh, Thats fine, just didn't get too much of an answer about things from the guy I spoke to, maybe he was new, I don't know! Nice little shop to have to pop into whenever you need something. Do they often have royals in? ( when hatches have all happened and such, as I know most people are waiting for clutches to hatch to become more readily stocked). They said they normally have in a few normals, pastel and sometimes spiders, and it's hard to judge thing at this time of year, so sorry for picking your brains with loads of questions!!
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  00:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To be honest I like south coast exotics but I've only seen albino and spider in there, nothing else.

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  11:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooo they didn't mention albino's. Thanks for the help, and apologies for the bombardment of questions!
It's a good little place, and somewhere to keep in mind should I ever need or want anything :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000