Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  01:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im out! OUT! wooop! finally after two months im out :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  08:43:08  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think i'm taking ur place here Blitz didn't eat since i bought him in 28/3/2011.
Hope i'll leave soon :P

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know if i should take my royal to the vets and have her put too sleep she is over 6 months old, i have had her for 6/7 weeks, but she is only 75g
she has never fed for me but fed for her last owners, if she fed for them i am sure she should be heavier than 75g. i think they were lying, poor girl, i would force feed her but whats the point if i have to do that every week for the rest of her life.
i dont want her to starve to death, she does come out between 21.00 and 23.00 and she will stay out for an escape route for about 3 hrs

comments please?

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't give up hope just yet - they're tough little creatures, and as long as you've got habitat/temps/humidity ok, she should come round to feeding in the end.

What area do you live in? it may be that someone on the forum could contact you and help/advise, if you liked?

All the best.

Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I wouldn't give up hope just yet - they're tough little creatures, and as long as you've got habitat/temps/humidity ok, she should come round to feeding in the end.

What area do you live in? it may be that someone on the forum could contact you and help/advise, if you liked?

All the best.

i live in newcastle under lyme (stoke on trent)

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its just makes me think if she has ate for 6 months, she would be heavier than 75g

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you look on the 'weight by age' sticky on general keeping, it seems that, although it's the lowest average weight, a lot of royals weigh this much at the same age as your girl's.

Do hope she starts feeding for you soon, and all the best.

Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

If you look on the 'weight by age' sticky on general keeping, it seems that, although it's the lowest average weight, a lot of royals weigh this much at the same age as your girl's.

Do hope she starts feeding for you soon, and all the best.

omg thank you for that info, i am just glad i am not being cruel to her

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:42:31  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
can i join with my boa, she has refused for 5 weeks now

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  23:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have done something that i did not want too do, she was due a feed today and she was out and active so i got her a mouse fluff out, defrosted for 30 mins and then warmed the fluff up to 70f, as soon as i put the fluff in she did a runner to her hide, so i took her out of her 9ltr rub and put her on my bed, i tried her out of her rub, and yes nothing again...

so i got the fluff with my tongs and held her behind the head, rubbed the fluff over her mouth so she would open her mouth, she did open it and i put the fluff mouse to the back of her throat, and she ate it in 5 seconds flat. so she is hungry, i guess she does not know what food is?

any advice please?

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  23:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont want my last post to be 13 (sorry)

0.1 normal royal (2010)

Edited by - GMac on 26/05/2011 00:39:07
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  00:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - I'm a Pagan - 13's a lucky number to me!

Woody - that's brilliant - so you assisted her, in other words. Or did she assist you, by the sound of it lol.

I know there are pros and cons re assisting and I'm not an expert but this doesn't sound to have been stressful for her, and even if she doesn't start feeding regularly, you know she's got a meal inside her now. But I hope she does start feeding now - they quite often do, once they realise what it's all about.

Congrats!!

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  06:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodyofcastle

i have done something that i did not want too do, she was due a feed today and she was out and active so i got her a mouse fluff out, defrosted for 30 mins and then warmed the fluff up to 70f, as soon as i put the fluff in she did a runner to her hide, so i took her out of her 9ltr rub and put her on my bed, i tried her out of her rub, and yes nothing again...

so i got the fluff with my tongs and held her behind the head, rubbed the fluff over her mouth so she would open her mouth, she did open it and i put the fluff mouse to the back of her throat, and she ate it in 5 seconds flat. so she is hungry, i guess she does not know what food is?

any advice please?

I`ve had an asist feeder and i had to help her 4 times, that was enough for her to learn what to do, good luck.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

prozacbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  12:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guybrush just ate his first rat for 13 weeks! And I just found out that I have Olympic tickets, a good news weekend

Guybrush (royal python) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csapnto_Q5I

Cassiopeia (Brazilian rainbow boa) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5VQhPP7qVM&NR=1

Smaug (deseart iguana) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZD_SFA8Lg

Axos & Sutekh (cats) http://youtu.be/AFCgZcHXuTU

Nessie & Nemo etc ( tropical fish)
Go to Top of Page

jhk2005
Yearling

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  15:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to officially remove Vinnie and Pip from the club after 3 consecutive feeds, but can I apply for membership for Lolly?? Am getting quite used to having one of me babes not feeding with so many of 'em! I'm hoping at some point to be able to say that ALL my royals are eating, but I can't see it being anytime soon!!

1.6.0 Normal Royals - Will, Grace, Lolly, Patty, Maddie, Mystique, Victoria
1.1.0 Pastel Royals - Becks, Sophie
0.1.0 Spider Royal - Charlotte
0.1.0 Mojave Royal - Mo
1.1.0 Yellowbelly Royals - Pinky, Perky
1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal - Pip
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal - Buzz
1.0.0 Vanilla Royal - Vinnie
1.0.0 Lesser Royal - Leo
1.0.0 Cinnamon Royal - Sam
1.0.0 Burmese Python - Kane
0.1.0 Albino Burmese Python - Amber
1.0.0 Redfoot Tortoise - Chucky
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  09:12:07  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Still a member here after yesterday attempt failed :(
I'm afraid i'll need to force feed him if he stills like that for another month.

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  12:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to move him to a smaller tank or plastic container.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  12:17:47  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could try assist feeding firrst taw

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  20:52:22  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'll try smaller tank bob, how long do i have to wait after i put him in a smaller tank to see if it works or not ? a week or two ?
Kelf, do u have any video link shows what assist feeding is ?

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  18:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tawfik47

I'll try smaller tank bob, how long do i have to wait after i put him in a smaller tank to see if it works or not ? a week or two ?
Kelf, do u have any video link shows what assist feeding is ?

there are lots on youtube, watch a few and you will have a good idea. the most stressful part is pushing the food with the correct pressure to open the mouth.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000