Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  09:17:49  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how can i know the correct pressure ? how can i know i'm pushing too hard or too weak ?!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  21:30:39  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am now officially out of the club with Kaa after 4 consecutive weekly feeds! However, Donkey is in the club with a total of 8 months without food :(

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. - Steve Irwin

Normal Royal Python - Kaa
Normal Royal Python - Donkey
Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  19:37:05  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think i'm out since Blitz start eating woohhooo ...

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  01:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in, Duke is a month off the food.

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  08:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 05/07/2011 : 21:30:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am now officially out of the club with Kaa after 4 consecutive weekly feeds! However, Donkey is in the club with a total of 8 months without food :(

8 mths??!!
Cora put me in club for last 2wks and already I'm panicking! How do you cope - when do you consider assist feed or vet??

it's feeding day but she has been static for days - haven't seen her move since wednesday when I got her out to check her and she was in full blue shed. do i still offer her food or just leave it?

0.1.0 Royal Python - Cora
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Koshi
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  10:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Sam, I think it's a case of weighing a fasting snake regularly and if there is a big weight loss, considering assist feeding then, but others will know more ...I think Robert on here had a royal who went for nine months ...to royals it just seems normal but to us it's a trifle nerve-wracking at times ...hope Donkey starts soon, Surrounded.

About Cora's feeding, I'd wait till she sheds; they will sometimes take while in blue but they're livelier once they get their kit off. Don't know what the weather's like where you are but I'm certain this heatwave has been playing hell with the humidity - one of my corns and Ziska the gopher have had shocking sheds and they usually sail through it. At least it's cooler today - hope she sheds well and then feeds for you. She's just moved to a new enclosure hasn't she? I moved Saada to a new viv, she took all her own things with her but she still refused a couple of feeds ...royals eh?

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  11:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she moved 10wks ago Bats but since then she's being a funny bugger! have defrosted one just in case but may give her a helping hand by braining it if she goes for it I'll be very happy if not i'll put it down to she will in her own time
when they aren't feeding (& not in blue/shed) should you still offer them one every week? it seems like a waste of rats but on the other hand i don't want her to be hungry if she does want her dinner

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  11:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, sorry - thought she'd only just moved. Yeah, I offer every 10 days as a rule, but I try to arrange mealtimes so that if the rat's refused, another snake can use it. That is why the royal python god gives us corns and boas ...

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  08:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i had another snake that was big enough to munch the surplus rat i would - but alas i don't
she didn't eat it but she now has lovely black-out curtains for her viv xx

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  10:48:06  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope she will feed for u soon.

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  18:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woman at reptile shop where I got Cora suggested putting her back in her RUB until she eats again - good idea or not?

if take her out of the viv then later date try and put her back in the viv may encounter this feeding slump all over again?
is it a knee-jerk reaction?

Lady at shop says female norm royal not eating is unusual and she only eating randomly to keep strength up but is unhappy therefore not feeding all the time...
but to be honest the woman at the shop a little condescending so rather have your opinions please?

xx

Go to Top of Page

scorpio
Hatchling

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  21:37:37  Show Profile  Click to see scorpio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
guess i'm in. 10wks and counting, although i've not had monty that long he'd already started his fast when i got him. i'm hoping won't be much longer will try him on thurs as he's now coming out from under his log on a night. can't wait to weigh him i've now got the scales but don't want to disburb him if he's going to eat this time, if he refuses i'll weigh then. Whats an ideal weight for a 4ft male?

scorpio
1.0.0royal python monty
2.1.0cats clayton bob cleo
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  20:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4437

It's hard to say of course - the old slogan - they're all different!

My Shahi's 18 months and 4' and weighs 1200g empty - but as for this being typical I honestly can't say.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  23:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke is 12 weeks in with only a snack in the middle. He has put on 100 grams lol. Figure that out.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  23:17:08  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Duke is 12 weeks in with only a snack in the middle. He has put on 100 grams lol. Figure that out.

Better check the fridge... has he been having midnight feasts without you knowing LOL

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  23:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe or just drinking a load of water. He has never looked healthier which is the funniest bit about it, he's active, interested in what's going on, not quite so shy either.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  23:27:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right tonight is feeding night for Duke. He has just moved house and has been fasting since August. Who would like to give me betting odds for him eating tonight because I'm game for putting a tenner down. I think to have reflective odds though if I win I should become a multi millionaire.

Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  08:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like im back in. clover not eaten in 10 weeks. there is almost as many rats in the skip at work as there is in my freezer

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  11:35:57  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, i'm stuck with three live hamsters at home because Blitz refuesed to eat last weak

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  11:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke ate??? Haha I can't believe that. After moving house and everything. A full sized meal too. Result.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000