Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2011 :  09:10:56  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How long did he fast ? to prepare myself !!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  13:18:50  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well thanks to Mr Rat falling out of Chancho's big gob and onto the floor, we're not bothering with eating this week lol... it put him off his game lol... bless him a strike and coil dangling over the side of his rub as usual, and a cuddle for ages with Mr Rat, but he couldn't work his mouth round to swallow it down and ended up dropping it!

On another notes, it's weird just how they can start to digest it just while its in their mouth... the bit of the rat that had been in his mouth that time was all gooey and red where the skin/fur was starting to break down... nature is crazy!

It was left in overnight but he didn't touch it... no big deal i guess!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  13:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Lotabob Posted - 20/11/2011 : 11:36:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duke ate??? Haha I can't believe that. After moving house and everything. A full sized meal too. Result.

Yay Go Duke!

Cora still not eating been 12wks now. she did have a snack in middle but she justs seems to like moving her dinner around or using it as a pillow - any ideas??

feel sorry for my bin men having funky rat whiff especially now on bi-weekly collection! phew!!
(tbh been putting them in scented nappy bags - lady in shop where bought them asked what I had - said Royal she looked well confused, think she was expecting boy or girl LOL)

Best of luck to all other members of the NFC xxx

0.1.0 Royal Python - Cora
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Koshi
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke fasted from 15/08 to 19/11 with only one little small weaner rat for a snack though he has only taken the one small rat on Sunday so can't consider him out until he's had three in a row so may still be fasting but too tempted by food. Oh and he gained weight so worried is something I am not.

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will weigh cora again - she was over 1.1kg last weigh in and just shy of 3ft
hopefully she been raiding fridge too
xx

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  23:11:11  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope Blitz didn't started his winter fast :(

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  23:35:29  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
uh-oh....... 2nd refusal in a row.... it's always the last small weaner before i move him on to the larger ones... bugger means i'll have to trek on up to the shop to get a few more small weaners again!

It's just silly as he's been pacing and in crazy hunting mode as always, creeping out to get his rat as i warm it with the dryer, but when i offer it him... he's like ... mehhhhhh....

silly sausage!

*i must not worry, i must not worry...* if he's fasting now then i guess he's fasting... but he's not getting a girlfriend anytime soon!! Hopfully he'll poop soon (he's due one anytime soon) so once he's empty i'll weigh him, so i can keep any eye on his weight while he fasts... not over the moon with the idea of him fasting seeing as he's not full grown, but guess that's what he feels like doing!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  00:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke's still fasting, he picks off a meal about every month so I guess still offering him food is a good thing but August to now he has had 2 small meals.

I wouldn't worry either Mystra, I'm not, Duke has never looked better. lol.

It will soon be April.

Edited by - Lotabob on 29/11/2011 00:07:37
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Duke's still fasting, he picks off a meal about every month so I guess still offering him food is a good thing but August to now he has had 2 small meals.

I wouldn't worry either Mystra, I'm not, Duke has never looked better. lol.

It will soon be April.

Yeah, trying not to worry much... just i hadn't spent so long in the beginning when i got him, giving him the rat pups which were way too small so he could be a bit more grown on than he is :/

ah well... he is my lovely over-grown pipe cleaner all the same!

SE London - Canada Water

Edited by - mystra on 29/11/2011 11:57:19
Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  13:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried Cora with one of Koshi's large mice - thinking maybe she not hungry enough for her normal feed size but may like a snack. Wrong
She crawled all over it, pushed it about a bit then later wee'd on it!!!
Any clue as to why she doing this?

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  13:55:58  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam84

Tried Cora with one of Koshi's large mice - thinking maybe she not hungry enough for her normal feed size but may like a snack. Wrong

dirty protest!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  14:02:01  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Blitz took last week meal and did't the one before, lets see if he will take his meal tomorrow, wish me luck

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  14:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck Tawfik
- Just noticed that Blitz has petrol like blue hue on his head same as Cora - have you noticed this? any clue why this is??
x

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  14:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
mystra Posted - 29/11/2011 : 13:55:58

dirty protest!

Yes Yuck

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  14:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eww never heard of that before - maybe she's a James Cagney fan ...

I once had a cat, born in May, and the little sod used to catch worms and bring them in ...eventually I came across the saying, 'May cats bring in snakes'. Well, there weren't any snakes, so he brought me worms instead ...Maybe Cora's having a joke about 'you dirty rat!' errm, mouse ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0MkIPGKdAk

Edited by - n/a on 29/11/2011 14:29:15
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  14:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good Luck Tawfik
- Just noticed that Blitz has petrol like blue hue on his head same as Cora - have you noticed this? any clue why this is??
x

Sign of a lovely healthy royal ...so pretty!

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  13:46:54  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:

Good Luck Tawfik
x

Sign of a lovely healthy royal ...so pretty!

yea, i thought this is normal

Go to Top of Page

DoNotDelete
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  13:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Penelope has the blue tinge too - I wondered about that.

Penelope hasn't taken the last two small rats I've offered her (she has a good sniff but makes no effort to strike) - I'm not too worried because I read in a manual that royals can stop eating in December and January.

I assume I should continue offering her food every 7-10 days throughout this period? Perhaps a smaller prey item to see if that catches her interest?

Also, should I weigh her regularly to track any weight loss?

13 month old female royal python (Mojave morph): Penelope

Edited by - DoNotDelete on 02/12/2011 14:04:38
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  14:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, and yes to everything, that's cool - although i've found the fasting period can vary, but when they start eating again oh boy they start.

please forgive lower case - i'm typing this with emily the cat on my left knee and laptop balanced on my right knee with spooky in my sleeve, watching my hand typing ... emily has her back turned by the way and is middleaged and half asleep so we're ok re supervision lol.

Edited by - n/a on 02/12/2011 15:04:57
Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  20:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cora not eaten in 7wks (more if don't count single midway feed) and she has blue hue on head AND....
put on 42g

I'm gonna TRY and not worry and let her be - she'll eat when she's ready

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000