Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  14:30:58  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i just worked it out and im 6 months in and some how hes just had a poo ???

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  14:35:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol -aren't they great creatures. Much more interesting than mammals.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  15:16:14  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Might of made some room for a meal now

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  08:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

I'm wondering why I got a royal!

Might try braining the next one.

What a royal?that wont help him feed

I'm getting tempted! I tried her with a brained rat last night, again lots of interest but she didn't eat it. I'm glad I'm not the only one with one at six months. Naffing royals, nothing but worry!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Kylashnikov
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Kylashnikov's Homepage  Click to see Kylashnikov's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We've had him 7 weeks now and still haven't had a successful feed after five tries.

You know if they're fasting do they take an interest at all?

As he sniffs around it and goes right up to it but he never commits to eating it, I'm just wondering if it might be my fault at all.
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  08:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your setup and temps are correct and you're not over-handling it's probably not your fault. At the moment Princess does one of two things when offered a rat: ignores it and hides, or gives it a good sniff, sizes it up, sniffs it some more, then decides she doesn't want it and ignores it. Guess which is most frustrating?

Feather, bless her, nails everything she's offered.

0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  17:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MOjave now out - Albino only one left in.

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  15:28:11  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well Eden hasn't fed properly since middle of December, he had always eaten well, no problems, but he stopped on the 15th December. He did have two weeks in February when he ate a small rat two weeks running but has not eaten since.
I have offered him a medium rat last week but he was interested in it, tasting & looking as if he was going to strike but didn't. I'm going to try him again tonight, but with adult mice, see if he fancies them for a change.
Marg.

Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  16:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mates royal wasnt eating for a few weeks. It would hunt as soon as it caught the smell of the rat, follow it to its source, size the rat up as if she was about to strike then shy away.

The cure was to put her on smaller rats. Not much smaller either, just from large weaners to medium weaners. She decided that large ones were too big for her!

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

Kylashnikov
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  20:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Kylashnikov's Homepage  Click to see Kylashnikov's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dorian still hasn't fed but the mans on a shed. Hopefully he'll be hungry after he sheds :D
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  21:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am out!!!!
little one and q both nailed their mice tonight,
my mum gave me a blow by blow account of what was happening - im in london and the royals and simba are back with my parents cause not got space in our houseshare which sucks
but q has been eating his mice for a good few weeks now so hes going back onto rats hopefully next week when im home
little one ate the other week but it was only a fuzz so nothing big but yaaaay so pleased he's finally eaten

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  21:51:20  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well thanks very much to Boze, i tried Eden on an adult mouse tonight, he took it, yeah!!! I'm so pleased, but it is only a small snack to him but at least he ate it.
Marg.

Go to Top of Page

Kylashnikov
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  21:24:22  Show Profile  Visit Kylashnikov's Homepage  Click to see Kylashnikov's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dorians roaming around like a trooper, and he has been for about an hour or two now. Mouse is nearly defrosted, here's hoping he'll go for it this time. Will edit this post later with the result.
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  22:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
finally accepted my normal adult male is in, not fed for 11 weeks now. no weight loss though.

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Simonas
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  08:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine only fed the once since first week in feb going to try a mouce tonight instead of the big rats he has just to see if i can get him eating and striking again
Go to Top of Page

Kylashnikov
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  22:53:50  Show Profile  Visit Kylashnikov's Homepage  Click to see Kylashnikov's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Still no feeding, although he looks beautiful now and has pearlescent patches after his shed.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  22:23:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have one that has eaten tonight for the first time this year but two that still haven't eaten yet this year - nearly 5 months now!

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  09:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feather's going up to rat weaners this weekend, I'm hoping one of those will tempt Princess. Failing that I have a mouse left.

0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  12:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my royal is out woo hoo, took small rat last night after about 3 months of playing silly beggers .

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  12:38:16  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm down to 1 left in now.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000