Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  13:34:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
At 5' she's probably quite large (how much does she weigh?) so probably doesn't need to feed very often. 5 weeks really isn't much, don't worry too much, but do keep an eye on the weight as you said.

Welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  23:10:08  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
YESSS....IM OUT 7months 9 days and hes just had the 1 mouse,had nearly given up

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  16:44:16  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
what did you do lee

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  21:19:13  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nothing,had a mouse left over from the kings so tried him,took a bit of dancing but he struck it and nailed it.I will try again tommorrow as it was only a regular mouse

Go to Top of Page

alisonmay
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  17:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GLAD TO SAY MONTY HAS FINALLY EATEN AFTER 3 WEEKS, GUESS IT JUST TOOK HIM A WHILE TO SETTLE INTO HIS NEW HOME.......SOOOOOOOO RELIEVED.....
Go to Top of Page

nyoka
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  14:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well still waiting for Cleo to take her first meal for me, although she is getting very active within her Viv weighed her the other day and weighs 1443g so is a reasonable weight for her length 5FT, but i guess i have nothing to worry about after reading people on this forum are still waiting for there royals to eat after several months. I sometimes think they know when your worried and just make it worse but pretending to be interested then going to there hide
Go to Top of Page

Kylashnikov
Hatchling

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  12:16:54  Show Profile  Visit Kylashnikov's Homepage  Click to see Kylashnikov's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dorian ate two mice last night after a prolonged fast (I'm not even 100% sure if he was feeding for the actual place I got him from)

Oh well, it's a huge relief, had him the end of February and he's only just ate, so it's been a few months of uncertainty haha.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  13:19:50  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats good news for you

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  18:25:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
8 months, 10 days, I'm out!

Only dropped from 1192g to 1117g.

Go to Top of Page

nyoka
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  19:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

YES IM OUT have been worried my female hadnt eaten sice i got her but she took a jumbo mouse after i had left it in a bag of old Gerbil litter i got from the local pet shop, would only take one so tried the following day and again she took it next day tried a rat weaner and she struck at that and ate really quick, so now will try a medium rat next week as she's about 1.5 kgs so mice too small and as she ate a rat weaner i guess she'll eat a bigger rat. Now she has eaten ill get some photo's on here so all the people that have been giving advise can see what all the fuss was about, and thankyou all again for advise and support.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  20:11:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good news

Go to Top of Page

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  16:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I am going to sign myself up for the club 12 weeks and counting. He was eating like a champ till little friends (Mites) arrived on a new snake and rapidly became cage mates with the rest of my little tribe. So after I nuked the little stowaways he has not eaten since so far he has lost 110g he was weighing at the start nearly 700g
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  20:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh my, I was going to join with Diablo being on week 3 without a feed but 12 weeks, my my, Diablo isn't even that old hehe

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  07:32:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Oh my, I was going to join with Diablo being on week 3 without a feed but 12 weeks, my my, Diablo isn't even that old hehe

Did you see my post a few above, 8 months+ !

I think there's a minimum 2 month waiting list to get in

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  11:26:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check her diary to be sure, but I think Princess has started her winter fast. Fortunately Feather's big enough to eat what she refuses now.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2010 :  17:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6 weeks still no feed, and 5 weeks of no handling are killing me :(
Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  20:28:09  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
7 weeks and not eaten :( worrying for me as I've only had him around 9 weeks

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. - Steve Irwin

Normal Royal Python - Kaa
Normal Royal Python - Donkey
Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  18:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay ime still in although I think Normans anorexia is spreading as my other 2 snakes who are usually bins have missed a few feeds now hope there not all on hunger strike now. It’s a same really as we have juicy gourmet rat on the menu
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  21:43:19  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm, looks like i'm heading for membership of this not so enticing club. Flo hasnt eaten for 4 weeks but did show interest last week so I'm hopeful it wont go on too long.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  21:49:28  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too, by the looks of it. My male Pastel YB had his last meal the 16th of Dec. Will be watching his weight closely. Hope its down to being this time of year thing!

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000