Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

koreybum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  18:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cant get my snake 2 eat, but i have an on/off thermostat at the mo and have been that its wrong as the light coming on and off all time aint good 4 my snake. so i'm buying a pp and dont know if i should get a ceramic heat bulb or the infrared 1. dont know how much light the infrared gives off, just dont want 2 give off 2 much light as i'm doing at the mo?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  18:26:40  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They can barely see the red light, I have it on in mine, but you cant have it on a PP stat, you need a Dimming stat, or a Ceramic on a PP.

Go to Top of Page

koreybum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  18:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok mate i now understand. i thought u said that u use a infrared bulb with your pp thermostat. i will now buy a ceramic heater. thanks 4 your help.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  19:39:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No probs.

Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  22:47:18  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What you guys think is the best thermostat for my 10 gallon UTH? I would like to run my UTH and my red light for my aquarium. My snake is about 2 month old.
Thanks

First Snake ever! :)
0.0.1. Zahara - Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  22:57:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With a light emitting bulb a dimming stat is best.

Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  19:08:29  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

With a light emitting bulb a dimming stat is best.

Thanks Echo. What about a UTH?

First Snake ever! :)
0.0.1. Zahara - Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  10:42:30  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a really useful thread, thanks

Go to Top of Page

charliep
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  11:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is such a good sticky- never understood it all before! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

royal_python
Snake Mite

United Arab Emirates
13 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello i would like to ask what will happen for the snake if i don't have Thermostat??please answere me because this is very important for me
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  20:54:46  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
there's various things that could go wrong...

burns directly to the snake
holes burnt through plastic fauns/RUBs/tubs
snake not eating as it can't regulate it's temperature
which can result in handling problems as the snake is stressed and hungry and can't eat

increased electricity bills for the owner/bill payer

are just a few off the top of my head.........the very important ones are in bold type but they're all very significant

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

royal_python
Snake Mite

United Arab Emirates
13 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  07:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
s
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  10:14:25  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by royal_python

s

?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  12:48:03  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just a random one i have a few of these is it possible to use them for a bulb or ceramic.

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  13:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends if they work in the same way as a mat stat (on/off), or like a pulse or dimming stat.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  13:18:49  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats what i have been trying to find out. just setting up a ceramic for one of my royals and i already have 1 dimming stat so that is fine but i want both my royals on ceramics soon so just making sure i got the right equip first. the above linked stats work perfectly on mats over 7watts but never tried them with a bulb or ceramic

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  13:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant you just plug it into a lamp and see how it runs it? When its running on the mats, do the heat lights flash, or stay on?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  14:12:46  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i will try that so if it stays solid does it mean it will work fine with a ceramic?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  14:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With a pulse stat the light will flash, with a mat stat it will go on and off, and I think, with a dimmer the heat light dims aswell. But if you plug it into a normal house lamp you will know straight away if you can use it with a ceramic or glass bulb.

Edited by - matty18714 on 07/01/2010 14:34:27
Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  09:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm running a temperature stat with a 12 Watt heat Matt for my 6 month old python and for the first few days I found really hard to control a constant temperature, managed to sort it and now it varys by about 2 degrees, is this because the temp stat is just a beefed up version of the mat stat so when it reaches what it thinks is the right temperatue it switches off and when it drops it turns back on. I'm using a digital thermometer too with the probe ontop of the kitchen roll I'm using for there base near The hot hide.
Just curious like.
cheers.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000